nycflyer

Anyone Been To Puerto Escondido, Mexico?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:00 am

hi all,

anyone know anything about the air taxis or small airlines that fly from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca? Any recommendations? Will I need to book ahead, or can I book it locally a day or two in advance? Any price information too would be appreciated.

I'm going to be down there for vacation soon, and will need to fly that route. Thanks in advance to anyone with information.

HBIHLtoEZE

RE: Anyone Been To Puerto Escondido, Mexico?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:58 am

Hy NYCFlyer,

I flew Puerto Escondido - Oaxaca in July 2003 with Aerotucan on a Cessna Grand Caravan, The flight was very pleasant and scnenic - shortly after take off one is crossing the Sierra Madre del Sur montain range, before overflying the high-altitude plateau onto Oaxaca.

Back then it was no problem to book the flight just the day before the departure.

I think it cost around 80 US dollars, oneway.

There was at least one more operator on the PXM-OAX route, whose name I can't remember though.

Well, have fun surfing at wild Puerto Escondido,

cheers

HBIHL
Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.

anthsaun

RE: Anyone Been To Puerto Escondido, Mexico?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:39 pm

Try Mexicana at http://www.mexicana.com.mx, they will sell you a flight operated by Aerocaribe.
Over 80 years in business say a lot about success