jetboyflyhi

Regional Airline Of The Year..MESA

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:10 pm

Mesa has been awarded the Regional Airline of the Year...!!!!!!!! This is by the ATW (Air Transport World).

[Edited 2005-01-27 07:21:53]
Chicken or Beef?

USrampleadSTL

RE: Regional Airline Of The Year..MESA

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:32 pm

A Mesa pilot that I met when he got stuck in STL because his dispatch took out a plane without having a replacement handy gave me these two alternative meanings for MESA (if it were an acronym):

My Extremely Sh*tty Airline.
Make Everyone Suffer A lot
02C14MARPHLFCOMM1 - FLY THE FLAG!

CRPilot

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:36 pm

They have made some improvements, and I'm a bit biased because I have friends that work there and I like the variety of equipment they fly; but I don't know if I would go as far as naming them Regional Airline Of the Year.

From what my buddies tell me, they still need quite a bit of improvement in the employee relations department. In any case, congratulations to MESA, they have been posting profits every quarter in the past few years, so they deserve a little credit I suppose.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

[Edited 2005-01-27 07:38:07]
Flying is a privilege!

Boeing7E7

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:51 pm

Now we know the end of the world is near.

jetboyflyhi

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Hey boeing7E7 Have you ever flown Mesa! No I don't think you have, to bad you are so negative . Who do you work for...............
Chicken or Beef?

Boeing7E7

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:00 pm

Hey boeing7E7 Have you ever flown Mesa! No I don't think you have, to bad you are so negative . Who do you work for...............

Flew Mesa once, that was enough... Not to mention doing market research for them a year ago. As far as work goes... I am the boss.

AirWillie6475

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:09 pm

I believe it. I flew them to vancouver. New plane, great service. F/As had great humor. Better than SW.

Boeing7E7

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:23 pm

So, you do not have a job...........My market shows you were not needed ....!BTW I flew for many airlines as a Flight Attendant....And with the seniority that I have made is so great. When I was hired we had 240 F/A's now over 1000. I make more than the industry average.........................:0

You are just soooooo coooool!

jetboyflyhi

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:52 pm

Hey AirWillie6475 thank's we love you too.!!!!!!!!!!!
Chicken or Beef?

Goldenshield

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:34 pm

It's good that they are making money, but it's too bad the company is too poorly run to make any good use of it.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Tiger119

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:20 pm

Well, they're talking about it:

http://www.mesa-air.com/press_releases.asp

I have had little experience with them, and it was way back when, FLG to PHX on a Dash-8. Back then I would say it wasn't that bad, but then again, it was a really short flight!
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

NWDC10

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:57 pm

I still think QX (Horizon Air) should be the Regional Airline Of The Year. They are definitely better than Mesa. Robert NWDC10

RDUDDJI

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:21 pm

If my vote counted, it would be for SkyWest. I like Chautauqua (<-- spelling?) also.

Personally, it seems I have always had bad experiences on YV. They have some cute F/A's on the CR7 though...

However, I have a roommate who works for RDUZW, and he says they (ZW) would rather work a YV flight than one of their own...

Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

ATWZW170

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:05 pm

You can tell this award really has nothing to do with operations or the state of moral at their company. I'm sorry, yes Mesa makes money but it's at the expense of their employees. I have flown Mesa, worked Mesa flights, and I don't have a lot of good things to say about them.
Success is getting what you want...happiness is liking what you get

qxq400

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:43 pm

Ask anyone at F9 who they would rather run there express jets. Hands down QX,were ATW came up with Mesa is beyond me.Having worked at both HP and QX. There is NO comparison on who is better. QX by far,we are at the top or near the top of every travel poll for best regional out there.

I think I will go and drink some more red cool aid now! :}
Welcome baby Madison Renee

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:52 pm

This award is an absolute joke. Its one of those fake awards they just give to someone different every year so the management can pat themselves on the back.

Last year it went to Chautauqua, and the year before ExpressJet. Comair, and Mesaba have also won it in recent years.

I mean seriously, if Mesa can get this, there are problems.
As said, employee moral is absolutely horrible.
Everytime I've been on one of their flights, I have had some interesting experiences to say the least.

ATWZW170

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:13 am

Notice how not many Mesa employee's come running to the rescue here. Can't say that I blame them.
Success is getting what you want...happiness is liking what you get

qxq400

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:38 am

I can say this from my time with HP. Mesa employees have got the worst attitudes of any airline employees I have ever seen. I can only imangine it has got to have something to do with management. I do no that EVERY time I tried to non-rev on them that it was a new low for customer service. I would never treat PAX the way I witnessed while flying with Mesa.
Welcome baby Madison Renee

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos