Fermarta
Topic Author

Iberia At JFK

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:44 am

From Feb.1 Iberia flights will arrive/depart to/from Terminal 7 instead of Terminal 8. I guess this is part of the agreement with BA, or is there any other reason?
Otros vendrán que bueno te harán

PDPsol

RE: Iberia At JFK

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:47 am

Fermarta,

Well the answer to your question is simply: T-8 at JFK totally BLOWS!!

Seriously, untill AA opens their fantastic new terminal [who knows when!], international passengers leaving from T-8 must endure facilities having more in common with those found in the ex-Soviet Union than with T-8's own neighbors at T-1 and T-4.

Also, I should mention this topic was discussed in a prior thread a few weeks ago as well...

AA787

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:03 am

The new midfield concourse is supposed to open in April. That does not deal with international arrivals though.  Sad

AA787
ET In NYC

Fermarta
Topic Author

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:27 am

Sorry, if topic has already been discussed, but I couldn´t find it.
Otros vendrán que bueno te harán

Iberia340600

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:07 pm

I just took a tour of the BA terminal today at JFK...and the remodelling came out great!!! I am so glad our airport operations are moving over to the BA terminal. It will be quite an improvement over the AA terminal. This is definitely a great move and should improve the overall impression of IB at JFK airport!

Oh, and Fermarta..."bienvenido" to the board!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Visca Barça!!

AlitaliaMD11

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:31 pm

Really? They are switching terminals?

This is great!

IBs little gate area they share with American and Finnair is really a piece of crap.
Its the smallest and most cramped area.

This is probaly becuase they have a strong partnership with BA and also T7 is kind of the one world terminal, I would not be surprised if Finnair makes the switch ethier.

This is great! I just have to say it again, I was really hoping that they would change terminals! Also this might have to do with the fact that Iberia plans to have the A340-600 flying both times the 6:05 flight and the 9:25 flight. Both of the IB planes are on the ground at the same time for about 40 minutes so they also need a terminal that can accomidate two A346s at the gate.

Now I can not wait to fly Iberia in July back to JFK!!
No Vueling No Party

SHUPirate1

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:42 pm

Alitalia-If you want my opinion, for one, Terminal 7 at JFK is, bar none, the nicest terminal at JFK, and I say this having been in every terminal except Terminal 1. For another, Terminal 7 is used by the following airlines...

Air Canada (Star Alliance)
America West (unaligned, but a British Airways partner)
All Nippon (Star Alliance)
British (oneworld, owns terminal)
Cathay Pacific (oneworld)
Icelandair (unaligned)
Qantas (oneworld)
United (Star Alliance)

Last I checked, this is hardly a fullfledged oneworld terminal, other than the owners of the building and a few others, especially when you consider that United is the largest user of the terminal.
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

AlitaliaMD11

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:57 pm

well true it it not the best but it sure beats T8!

I have also been in every terminal. I find that T4 and T1 are the nicest.

But it really is a lot better than that little gate area in T8! Have you been in that little gate area where gate 22 is?
No Vueling No Party

UN_B732

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:05 pm

Really? I always have heard T1/4 are the best, even though I've only been in T3/4 and 6. T3 really is horrible, reminds me of SVO. I really don't like JFK much as an airport, but T4 definitely is decent.
What now?

SHUPirate1

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:14 pm

UN_B732-I've never been in T-1, so I can't comment on that. T-4 is nice, yes, but although it's anemity-filled, it just isn't overly passenger friendly. T-7, on the other hand, is great, it's very clean, and it's very passenger friendly, as you get off the plane and are no more than 200 feet from the street...try that coming off the end-B gates at T-4 (I think they are the B gates, it's the 20-31 concourse, the one with Independence Air on it)
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

rjpieces

Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:45 am

Hmmm, good news for IB but does T7 have room for this? They have a lot of America West aircraft using the terminal now, and IB is going to be there during international rush hour.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos