Mason
Topic Author

Two Hours Enough To Connect In LIM?

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:05 am

Hello all. I am flying into LIM, arriving 04:55 and want to leave to LPB at 06:50. Is this enough time to make the connection? I fly in on CO and out on LAB. I assume I have to collect my bags and check in with LAB, unless there is a way not to pass through customs, I don't know. Also, what are the taxes for those with US passports in LIM? Any in LPB? Thanks!

FLY2LIM

RE: Two Hours Enough To Connect In LIM?

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:54 pm

Mason:
The new wing at LIM opened today (see thread about the airport somewhere around here) so it could either be chaos or smooth sailing. Whatever the case, you should have your bags checked through to LPB, even with two separate airlines. Otherwise, you have to "arrive" in LIM and go through customs and immigration, and then walk over to the LAB counter, check your bags again go through immigration again. The tax to leave LIM is $27.24 US, if I'm not mistaken (it's not more than $28). You should be able to be "in transit" and stay in the terminal if you can get CO to check your bags through to LPB.
I'm curious why you didn't fly to MIA on CO and then take LAB's A300 to LPB.
Hope this helps.
FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:22 pm

But, why don´t you take AA (757) nonstop service to LPB from MIA, or LB (767-300ER) onestop service to LPB, via VVI? Sounds faster, easier and probably also cheaper?

mas a330

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:06 pm

last time flew from LIM i payed USD28.24

timetables

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:44 pm

I suggest using a downloadable timetable to help plan your trips; check the one out at http://www.eskyguide.com/download. you can test it for 2 months free. Some of these airports are odd and even when your travel agents says you can make it does not matter. the timetables ensure that you hvae the correct minimum connect time.

Since you are connecting, there is no departure tax in Lima; just show your inbound boarding pass and you are fine. I don't know if CO had interline ageement with LAB, but if they do, show them your LAB ticket upon check-in and they will check your bags all the way through if they do. On the plane they will tell you whether or not you have to pick up your bags and then check them again. I don't think that Peru is like the US so your bags should just be transferred as long as CO has the interline agreement with LAB. Otherwise, you will have to collect your bags, enter the country and then go to the LAB counter. Either way, you should have to pay the taxes.

Le us know how it goes.
NO URLS in signature