crox1

Transfer Time At PHL

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:28 pm

Am flying US Airways LGW-PHL-MCO in early Feb, we have a transition time between planes of somewhere between 1 3/4 - 2 hrs, we have heard about the problems at PHL, with US and baggage, Immigration etc, anybody know how to make this connection easier and speedier, other than flying through another airport, any help will be appreciated.

Andy
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute

SonOfACaptain

RE: Transfer Time At PHL

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:33 pm

Assuming the flight is on time, my only advice is......relax. You have plenty of time. I've made a connection within that time many times. Just be prepared to walk.......a lot.

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

crox1

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:08 pm

Thanx, you say a long walk, how long, I can feel a run coming on, maybe not, thanks any way
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute

cha747

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:23 pm

I don't think you'll have a problem but worst comes to absolute worst, there are 5 nonstop flights on US from PHL-MCO after 4pm and several more options with connections through Charlotte (and DCA and/or PIT??). Your walk will be about half a mile all said and done from customs to the plane (perhaps more if you're at the end of terminal C).

Hey SOAC - when's your Dad's next flight...I might be on one this weekend.
You land a million planes safely, then you have one little mid-air and you never hear the end of it - Pushing Tin

USrampleadSTL

Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:59 pm

Two hours is plenty, and international bag transfer isn't a problem since you do a lot of the work yourself with the recheck procedure. As far as the walk goes, it depends of course on where the MCO flight departs, but I've seen that flight on the end of the A (international) concourse before. Just be thankful you don't have to make a connection to an express flight.
02C14MARPHLFCOMM1 - FLY THE FLAG!

USAFHummer

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:48 pm

I'd say you should be allright, though you might not have too much time to relax in the airport terminals...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru