prosa

Interview With JAT Bombing Survivor

Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:48 am

Here is a link to an interview with Vesna Vulovic, a FA for JAT who survived a 33,000-foot fall after a 1972 bomb explosion:

http://www.avsec.com/asi/editorial/vesna.htm

It's interesting to hear that some of the Lockerbie victims may have survived briefly after falling to the ground.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

rg828

RE: Interview With JAT Bombing Survivor

Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:08 am

Interesting story, thanks for the link.

I had read that she was in the rear toilet when the plane blew up.

Also read somewhere that pax on TWA 800 watched their fall after the forward section tore away.

Anyway, R.I.P. to all victims
I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

FoxBravo

Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:32 am

Very interesting. I'd heard the story before, but only in vague outline. Really fascinating stuff.
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

JoKeR

Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:56 am

A great story from a great lady, met her more than once and I can tell you that I was astonished by her positive attitude towards life!

One a different note, sad to see that Yugoslavia actually started breaking up far before the official end in the '90s. This was one of the first hints of the things to come.

For those who are unfamiliar with the term "Ustashe", these are Croatian Nationalists sympathetic towards Hitler and the Nazi's.
Kafa, čaj, šraf?