adoniscat

"technical" Airline Jobs

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:00 pm

Anyone working in the industry as a manager of software development, director of technology, etc.? I'm in the software development field as a mid-level manager and would love to work for one of the airlines for the right opportunity. What is the job market like for these positions?

-adoniscat

OPNLguy

RE: "technical" Airline Jobs

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:07 pm

"Ding"

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

lincoln

Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:11 pm

I was going to post a thread on this myself...

Do those employees (IT, applications development, etc./in DL's case those employed by Delta Technology) receive the same non-rev privileges as Pilots/FAs/CSRs/etc?

I'm qualified for many of those types of positions and having travel rights would make them much more appealing than similar jobs outside of the industry should I go job hunting...

What's the environment like?

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

fourstripe

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:10 pm

I know that here for AMR, you do have the same non-rev privelages as any other employee, as well as the opportunity to work for the best company in the world!!

-fourstripe
“Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” - Edward Vernon Rickenbacker