adoniscat

"technical" Airline Jobs

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:00 pm

Anyone working in the industry as a manager of software development, director of technology, etc.? I'm in the software development field as a mid-level manager and would love to work for one of the airlines for the right opportunity. What is the job market like for these positions?

-adoniscat

OPNLguy

RE: "technical" Airline Jobs

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:07 pm

"Ding"

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

lincoln

Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:11 pm

I was going to post a thread on this myself...

Do those employees (IT, applications development, etc./in DL's case those employed by Delta Technology) receive the same non-rev privileges as Pilots/FAs/CSRs/etc?

I'm qualified for many of those types of positions and having travel rights would make them much more appealing than similar jobs outside of the industry should I go job hunting...

What's the environment like?

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

fourstripe

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:10 pm

I know that here for AMR, you do have the same non-rev privelages as any other employee, as well as the opportunity to work for the best company in the world!!

-fourstripe
“Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” - Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos