nickofatlanta

Timings Of MH's EWR-ARN-KUL?

Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:00 am

Does MH have any plans to change the timings of their EWR-ARN-KUL flight? They currently do not seem to be the best for connections especially on KUL-ARN-EWR.

Thanks.

Ex_SQer

RE: Timings Of MH's EWR-ARN-KUL?

Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:13 am

SQ's SIN-FRA-JFK services offer good connections, but in order to do that, the aircraft has to sit on the ground at JFK for more than 12 hours. SQ and MH have few other choices when flying to North America via Europe: it's either (1) short ground time in NYC and sacrifice connections or (2) long ground time in NYC in order to offer more connections.

odie

Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:20 am

Nick,

I think the eastbound flight (i.e. EWR to KUL) is well timed for connections at either EWR, ARN or KUL. You depart EWR late in the evening (that will allow connections from most parts of the US) and arrive KUL early in the morning (6 am for summer 2005) and that basically allows you to connect to most of MH's Asian network and to a certain extent, PER, SYD, BNE and MEL as well.

However, the same can't be said for the westbound flight. Not many MH's flights arrive in time for the flight to ARN and EWR (except for flights originating from India, SYD, MEL and BNE). Ideally, the best solution is to have flights departing both EWR and KUL late in the evening, but that would mean a long layover in EWR (probably around 12 hours).

malaysia

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:29 am

Always have to overnight in KUL when coming back from BKK cause my benefits do not cover MH codeshares on TG, so I must overnight in KUL before back to EWR or LAX
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos