Tango-Bravo
Topic Author

Delta's India Call Center?

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:00 am

In replies to a topic started yesterday in this forum, Delta's call center in India came under discussion as though it is operation now. Within literally one hour from reading these replies, a question was raised at a "dog and pony show" Q & A session which I attended at my company to which a high-ranking member of management stated (in reply to the "hot button" question of outsourcing) that Delta has closed their India call center and no longer outsources this function to overseas loctions.

So my question, especially directed to Delta employees (or anyone having factual firsthand information on this subject), is: Delta has closed its overseas call center(s).... True or False?

The777Man

RE: Delta's India Call Center?

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:38 am

I remember reading an article somewhere about a year ago and it mentioned that DL had just closed two of three call centers in India. They also had one in the Philippines at that time. From what I've heard from DL employees in their LAX call center which will be closing, DL is looking to have more call centers in India, just like UA.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

karan69

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:09 am

My friend works for one of these DL call centres at Mumbai----his main job deals with "skyteam" promotions etc..
I met him today and he dint mention anything about the call centre shutting down etc...

pbiflyer

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:35 am

Delta is also closing a call center in Boston on Sept 1. They are trying to move most bookings to Delta.com. They should close the centers in India and the Philiappines, and keep the usa centers open. Have you ever tried to talk to someone at the center in India? Ugh!
PBI is South Florida's BEST airport!

jtamu97

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:42 am

I hope this is not true about the US call centers closing..If it is here is what I have to say...If that is not a slap in the face..Way to go Delta, put more Americans out of a job so we can get cheaper labor somewhere else. Why not just move your entire US operations to India and service the US at your convenience!  Angry
Propeller, we don't need no stinkin propeller

stealthpilot

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:45 am

Pbiflyer.......could you exagerate any more. not everyone is 'un-understandable'

by the way, you're talking about DELTA!!!...... equals NO MONEY..... they can save a crap load of money by hiring philipinos etc to do the job. i understand its not the same as talking to an american, but well worth while considering their situation.
-Nikhil
eP007

ourboeing

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:47 am

Pbiflyer,

You might need to raise the volume on your hearing aid to hear them clearly Smile

On a serious note, most of the US carriers are in bankruptcy protection and are cutting pension plans for their employees and that is wrong, especially for the employees who are near the retirement age. If opening call centers in India is helping them save money, whats wrong with that? Indians are known to excel in anything you put them in and they speak excellent English even though its not their first language.

Cheers

OURBOEING

petazulu

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:49 am

Jtamu97,

Outsourcing is not a bad thing. Look it up, it can actually have benefits in the long run. If you want a protectionist enviroment, move to China. It's all been discussed before though- some people will always be resistant to change.

alb222

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:52 am

DL is just closing the centers in BOS and LAX.............workers are being given the opportunity to transfer or take severence package.

So, if someone has an accent, do we assume they are in the Phillipines or India? Skyteam stuff is handled in India as are baggage issues. Telsales are supposedly in the States. Do not assume that a person's accent will put them out of the country.

Do we not use Microsoft, AMEX, HP, GE and many others because they have Philipine and Indian call centers? And I suppose those companies have no money either. It is economics..........

BTW, DL determined that the customer service from the Indian call centers was not up to snuff and has severed ties with some.

pbiflyer

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:55 am

Stealthpilot:

Since your just a kid, 16 - 20 years old, I would not expect you to understand why American jobs should stay in America! But that's the way it should be. Moving jobs to save money hurts all American's in the long run, even if it does save money for the airlines. And by the way, it's not just the Airlines who are doing this. American jobs are American jobs and it only hurts our country when jobs are taken away for cheap labor elsewhere.

I have friends here in the USA who are Indian, and I can understand them very well. The cheap labor in the foreign call centers for Delta or United for the most part don't know what they are doing.

PBI is South Florida's BEST airport!

jtamu97

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:58 am

Yes, I have heard the benefits of outsourcing from the credit card companies, etc. It does have benefits to the consumer and the company but try telling that to the person who got laid off...Don't feel bad, you are losing your job so we can expand out company, you should be happy. I know many products such as cars, clothes, etc have for a long time been manufactured outside the US. There was a segment on outtsourcing on 60 minutes or something like that not too long ago. While it did allow one company to expand its assets in the US it still costs jobs. Oh well I know we can go on and on and on about this, but that is not the topic.

Later,
J
Propeller, we don't need no stinkin propeller

komododx

Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:09 am

Leave it to non-Economists to enrage themselves regarding outsourcing. It is good for the corporations. If you're the little man, then too bad, the economy works in a way that the people that would work in a call center have the "mobility" to move between industries. Yes, they will suffer... Welcome to globalization. Don't like it? Would you prefer to keep your close-to-min-wage job and pay higher for goods/services given their cost of production would be higher if it was done in the US/EU?

It's like years ago (even today, though) people complaining on how people get $0.07 an hour for stitching a soccer ball for Nike. Well cost of living in that country has put the labor market price for stitching soccer balls at $0.07 an hour. If they would pay as much as in the US, Nike would keep their soccer stitching dept. in the US and people in the third world country would be out of a job.

Getting back to not understanding Hindus on the telephone, I actually have not come accross that. The only time I actually noticed the Hindu accent was when I called Dell customer support.

I saw a documentary either on the history channel or discovery on how they will train the people so well. They'll give you an American name, address, they'll even tell you to be a fan of say the Patriots (they're gonna win on sunday btw) or the Sox, etc and to spark conversation with the client on the phone so as to give him the feeling that he is talking to a person in the US.

SNB
I'm homeless and unemployed

Zone1

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:37 am

The problem I have with India call centers is that usually when someone has to actually call Delta up they have a problem that cannot be resolved online, and usually this problem is complicated. If I ever have to call Delta up, the person who gets the call overseas has no idea what I'm asking. This usually happens half the time when I get an overseas call center.

One of the instances that comes to mind involved an award ticket. My plans changed and I ended up needing to stay in BOS for another week. I had my ticket going back to MOB late on Saturday, and I was trying to get a same day confirmation for the earliest flight out of BOS, so I could use the award ticket and then get a one way back to BOS Sunday night. I tried explaining to them that if I could get confirmed for the earliest flight out of BOS I would buy a one way ticket back to BOS the next day. They didn't understand that, so they started just trying to book me for the Sunday flight. It was fairly fustrating, so I hung up and tried calling again, and got someone in Atlanta. I can usually understand them, but they usually can't understand me.
/// U N I T E D

stealthpilot

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:38 am

Pbiflyer

Would it make a difference if I were 21?

By the way if you really must know, and I don’t see how this should make any difference, I am an American citizen. And please, let’s not talk about ‘jobs staying in America’. For gods sake open your eyes, almost everything you buy from Wal-Mart is made in China. Your Palm Pilots, Dell computers, i-Pod, Clothes you name it. How many jobs is that ‘taking away’?? The closure of one, just ONE steel mill leads to over 5000 job losses (I dont hear you blaming someone?). Why make such a fuss over a small call center?

You are the one not in tune with the facts; not I. A few hundred jobs here and there, big deal. You gain a lot more than you lose. You win some you lose some; you don’t like it go to another country.

The fact is simple, Delta doesn’t have the money. That’s why cutting costs is a great idea. If they had the money then let them do what they want, but they don’t.
eP007

komododx

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:50 am

"You gain a lot more than you lose."

Sounds like, on the whole, society is benefiting from this.

Welcome to my respected users list Stealthpilot

SNB

EDIT:Misspelling

[Edited 2005-02-04 23:51:41]
I'm homeless and unemployed

isitsafenow

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:59 am

About accents...I have a friend, a retired airline employee and she tells me when she either makes a call or receives a call and cannot understand the person on the other end of the phone, she hangs up. If she is calling, she re dials and chances are good"I get someone else", she says. Im not sure if this is the answer to heavy accents, but this is one way a person treats the problem. I did NOT say I agree with her, but am pointing out a response to heavy accents, so don't kill the messenger....
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

Midway2AirTran

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:23 am

No matter what his age is 16 or 21, I agree with Stealthpilot and that is good that people are learning in the right direction and leaving the ignorance behind. Kudos!!

Especially in the case of Delta, it is in their best interest to use these call centers. The money DL saves goes to DL which is a US company which in the longrun, comes as more wealth to the US while also sharing it those other countries that need the development to run on their own.
"Life is short, but your delay in ATL is not."

Bluewave 707

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:38 am

If any company outsources work to foreign land, those being hired should have: proficiency of the English language, training and knowledge of whom they are working for, and most of all ... the ability to speak clearly. Not to sound mean or anything, it's like a person with a foreign accent on a drive-thru intercom. Otherwise, it becomes a customer disservice, and that company may, in the long term, lose customers because they don't want to deal with a "customer service" associate they can't understand.
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

ConcordeBoy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:44 am

The problem I have with India call centers is that usually when someone has to actually call Delta up they have a problem that cannot be resolved online, and usually this problem is complicated. If I ever have to call Delta up, the person who gets the call overseas has no idea what I'm asking. This usually happens half the time when I get an overseas call center.

My sentiments exactly... agree with you 100%
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Midway2AirTran

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:54 am

If any company outsources work to foreign land, those being hired should have: proficiency of the English language, training and knowledge of whom they are working for, and most of all ... the ability to speak clearly. Not to sound mean or anything, it's like a person with a foreign accent on a drive-thru intercom. Otherwise, it becomes a customer disservice, and that company may, in the long term, lose customers because they don't want to deal with a "customer service" associate they can't understand.

**I'm not the biggest fan of DL, but I believe DL keeps in consideration that their ideal goal is to have all reservations come from internet and those that use the reservations line are dropping like flies, so fewer customers are faced with that situation. So loose a few customers, but a lot more to gain!
"Life is short, but your delay in ATL is not."

aseem

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:03 am

SNB
Getting back to not understanding Hindus on the telephone, I actually have not come across that. The only time I actually noticed the Hindu accent was when I called Dell customer support.

Just a slight correction. It's basically an Indian accent, not Hindu accent as you say. People of all religion in India sound similar and whatever variation that is there has got nothing to do with religion.

Coming now to outsourcing, in 80s when American and European companies started entering India we were told "poor guy" this is globalization, an eventuality so better brace yourself to it. Now that we have taken it into our stride we are ridiculed for outsourcing. One more observation, nobody complains about availability of Chinese products in North American stores, maybe people will stop doing it to us when we are as strong as them. Big thumbs up

rgds
Aseem
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

deltairlines

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:03 am

As long as they keep calls to Special Member Services in the United States, then I don't mind DL opening up foreign call centres if it helps them save some money. I personally book all my travel on Delta.com, but there are times when I do call SMS (it's at the point where it is on speed dial on my cell phone) to answer questions, etc.

Jeff

FriendlySkies

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:06 am

As much as I hate to say it since my mom had to transfer due to outsourcing, it IS beneficial to the corporations and our economy. While in excess it is bad, the end results benefit us greatly. As any economist worth his name in salt.

And don't discredit me because I'm 17...I just took an AP Macroeconomics course last semester.  Big grin

bkonner

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:00 am

Howdy,

ConcordeBoy is totally correct. Last July I needed to make a change on a Song flight. I had to call Delta and got someone (I am pretty sure) from India. Talking to this guy was like talking to a brick. All I wanted to do was change the ticket. I did not care what the cost was. It was like he had this script, my problem was not on the script, so I went absolutely no where with him. Actually, that's not true. He told me to go to the airport! So, like a fool, I went to the airport (early) and made the change. I mentioned this to the Delta/Song agent.

Bkonner.

[Edited 2005-02-05 03:10:55]

stealthpilot

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:15 am

“The cheap labor in the foreign call centers for Delta or United for the most part don't know what they are doing.”

I would think that employers would ensure their staff speak clearly AND are trained. But at times I do see that it’s possible to not fully understand them and get the help you need. If you make a call and genuinely don't understand the person then that’s misfortunate and not your fault. If you call and they are no help then I agree, fire them or retrain them by all means!

But the issue raised was WHY they are moving jobs away from the continental US and that moving jobs is bad, NOT whether they are well trained or not. I, along with most other people are just pointing out that it’s purely an economic reason. And especially considering Delta, it’s a brilliant economic reason. If people call and get no information/crap information then it’s up to song/delta to get different people. It is VERY possible to get good labor in these countries and save lots of money.
-Nikhil
eP007

aseem

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:19 am

If people call and get no information/crap information then it’s up to song/delta to get different people. It is VERY possible to get good labor in these countries and save lots of money.

QED!!
rgds
Aseem
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

mrniji

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:10 pm

Why not just move your entire US operations to India and service the US at your convenience!

Yeah, go go !  Big thumbs up

Have you ever tried to talk to someone at the center in India?

Yeah, better than the semi-profs in LAX or so, wilt: "no sir, sorry sir, I don't know, sir!"  Nuts

Since your just a kid, 16 - 20 years old, I would not expect you to understand why American jobs should stay in America!

And since you are just an American, no one would expect you to understand the idea behind.. it is our country (me, being an American desi can talk for both sides), who calls for more liberalism, competition etc., and wants to push this ideology around the world, using the 'word of freedom'.. so, since we are better, we get the jobs, thx to GWB Big grin  Nuts - yeah, time to invert the power relations in the world... now our time has come!  Nuts
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

EA CO AS

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:27 pm

And don't discredit me because I'm 17...I just took an AP Macroeconomics course last semester

You forgot to add that you also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  Big grin

From what I've been told, DL has taken at least some of their customer service from at least one inbound call center in India, as they've found the employees in India weren't able to satisfy the needs of DL's customers.

Another reason? Because of the backlash the company gets from customers who are outraged over outsourcing.

FWIW, some of the Reservations Sales Agents for Alaska Airlines who have Indian accents actually program "Thank you for calling Alaska Airlines, my name is XXXXX in our Seattle reservations center. How can I help you?" into their automated answer recordings because they were getting abused by people who assumed they were in Indian call centers!

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

mrniji

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:36 pm

because they were getting abused by people who assumed they were in Indian call centers!

How sad... People in the allegedly leading economy, that still exploits people in other countries of the world, leading to their own welfare, abusing people because they don't like their accent... how imbicile... what a primitive pattern of behavior!  Yeah sure  Sad

Crying  Crying

Time to strike back!
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

kdeg00

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:51 pm

Two separate arguments are being worked into the same statements. One is the relative good or evil of outsourcing call center jobs to India, Pakistan, the Philippines or other countries. The other is the quality of service being offered by call centers.

Having put work on press in India and Singapore recently I can attest to the fact that a great many of the second-language English speakers I dealt with were far more fluent in English than many of my day to day customers here in the States. My point being that if I need to talk to a call center (or an airport desk) all I really care about at that moment is the quality of the care I am given, not the details of the accent used. If the service provided is not adequate then either the training has failed or the individual is not capable of the task, regardless of where that individual is located.

On the point of the economic impact of outsourcing, it seems obvious that sending jobs offshore will produce a negative result on individual jobs while providing an economic benefit for larger corporations. The big question is whether that economic benefit to the corporation really does "trickle down" to the individual as promised in 80s and 90s econ texts or if it stays with a privileged few at the highest economic levels.

(ps EA CO AS, had fantastic service w/ Horizon last weekend)

aseem

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:57 pm

Having put work on press in India and Singapore recently I can attest to the fact that a great many of the second-language English speakers I dealt with were far more fluent in English than many of my day to day customers here in the States. My point being that if I need to talk to a call center (or an airport desk) all I really care about at that moment is the quality of the care I am given, not the details of the accent used. If the service provided is not adequate then either the training has failed or the individual is not capable of the task, regardless of where that individual is located.

Kevin
You've said it all and also well.
thanks
Aseem
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

sonic67

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:12 pm

because they were getting abused by people who assumed they were in Indian call centers!

How sad... People in the allegedly leading economy, that still exploits people in other countries of the world, leading to their own welfare, abusing people because they don't like their accent... how imbicile... what a primitive pattern of behavior!

I don't think it is a matter of accent but a problem of communication not being able to understand. I have experienced this problem first hand with a software manufacture and it took twice as long to solve the problem and forget try to ask any questions.

Also how would you like if your job was out-sourced to another country because the people in that country are willing to work for less than poverty level.

mrniji

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:16 pm

Kdeg00,

thanks for this comprehensive reply and clarifying from 'the other side'  Big grin. You mention the two main points very well and have a more long-term view than many of our dumb country-fellows, who evaluate the benefits/disadvantages using their own wallet only..!  Big grin

Just being out of my Uni and having worked on the outsourcing 'problematic', it is appropriate to say that, since outsourcing is a relatively new phenomenon, it needs some time, some more cases and some more comprehensive research to evaluate the pro's and con's... I personally hope that India does not solely rely on outsoursing [and call centres] as their growth machinery (we need to 'stand up on our own, have equal access and equal strength).. it is in my eyes a temporary phenomenon.. we are in a big transistion phase and will see how things will develop - but keeping economic history in mind, outsourcing is morally in every manner to be justified!  Big grin

LRGT

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:30 pm

You have to realize that the job loss you people are CRYING so much about is the loss of a bad/low-paying job! There are plenty of them!!! There are more people willing to hire these NON-skilled workers than there are people out there looking for NON-skilled jobs.

Would you rather see Delta go under and lay-off all of their employees (including the highly paid pilots and executives)???

I have to say some of these India call centers have very bad (under-trained) people. Also, it seems like it takes them much longer than a US agent.

Perhaps the solution is to take a page from TWA and hire Americans staying at club fed (less $ than India). I would like to have Martha Stewart change my ticket to Fort Lauderdale  Smile !
Don't bring up the NW DC9's unless you have to!

aseem

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:33 pm

Also how would you like if your job was out-sourced to another country because the people in that country are willing to work for less than poverty level.

no offence, but we've already faced similar thing where Indian firms lost business and Indian losing jobs due to American/European/Japanese firms moving in. It's all part of global business and that's how we should take it.
rgds
Aseem
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:36 pm

Wow, 28 posts and what a load of crap. So many facts interlaced w/ lies I can see where people wouldn't know what to believe. Let's set some things straight:

1. Delta has NO CALL CENTER in the Philippines. I have no idea where you people came up with this.
2. Two call centers were closed in India over the summer of 2004.

Now, I have no problem w/ outsourcing, as long as the rep can assist me in a efficient manner, speaks and understands english well, and has the mental capacity to understand complex situations. That's the real question here, are DL's outsourced reps capable of this?

B

CORULEZ05

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:42 pm

Keep the call center exclusive to the country if you ask me. That solves the problem of calling in from the US and having language barrier....which btw, does DELL have the same thing. Everytime I have called their tech support, I get someone from India.....is that why it is?...and btw, big pain...language barrier is tough...my respects for everyone though regardless of nationality.
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

aseem

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:45 pm

has the mental capacity to understand complex situations. That's the real question here, are DL's outsourced reps capable of this?

sorry guys I've got better things to do then to reply to such mails. If mental capacity means writing these sort of things, then we don't want it. Good for you.
thanks
Aseem
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

ckfred

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:49 pm

My wife works for a company that, among other services, manages call centers on behalf of various clients. They are located in the U.S., India, the Far East, and Nova Scotia.

There are 3 reasons why Indian call centers are popular. First, you don't have to pay Indians as much as Americans. Second, many Indians have college degrees, while the typical worker at a U.S. call center probably has nothing beyond high school. Third, Indians see call-center work as the start of a career with the company and will stay for a long time. At U.S. call centers, employees see the job as a temporary position, until something better comes along. So the turnover is as high as fast-food restaurants.

Granted, working at a call center for an airline probably has much better benefits than for a mail-order catalogue, so the turnover is much lower. But I would bet that workers in India don't get the travel benefits, or at least don't use them as often as U.S. employees.

CORULEZ05

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:52 pm

Isn't that sad Fred?.....the first reason you stated as a benefit of call centers in India is the lower pay for those people who are doing the exact same or sometimes even harder job there than here.........why does a person's nationality determine how much their job is worth?
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

jasepl

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:57 pm

as long as the rep can assist me in a efficient manner, speaks and understands english well, and has the mental capacity to understand complex situations. That's the real question here, are DL's outsourced reps capable of this?

Amen NonRevKing!

Don't get me started on outsourced call centres... But wherever they're located, the people working there should be able to provide a service quality the customer expects - wherever the customer is located.

Having often experienced unbelievably bad service within India itself - where the rep was either completely incompetent, pushy & annoying, or because I just couldn't understand a word that was being said - I can understand the frustration this would cause for people from other countries.

However, getting all hot and bothered just because the rep who answers the phone either is in another country or sounds like it is just plain silly.

texdravid

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:02 pm

I can't believe the gall of some of respondents with regards to this topic.

Why is that Americans think their accent is so awesome and some other foreign accents like an Indian's is so bad and deserving of ridicule?

I rather listen to an Indian accent all day than listen one minute to a slang-infested, gangsta rappin', flunkie who thinks that he/she can flunk out of high school, but deserves a plasma tv and Mercedes.

By the way, everyone who harbors those vile thoughts and puts down Indians, just remember this: 20 years ago, when I was growing up, I had to listen to jocks and others in my high school make fun of me because I was Indian. Now, I am a Cardiothoracic surgeon, have any woman I want at any time of the day or night, drive cars that are obscenely expensive and cost more than the average house, and travel first class whenever I want.

Indians and Chinese will rule the world in the mid and late 21st century.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

CORULEZ05

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:05 pm

ahhhh....it's a bragging fest now.........if you dont like people of your nationality to be put down, don't put down Americans....just like you, there are many Americans living your lifestyle....ie..my parents and myself and I dont even have to work.....they do.....Life is great!
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

texdravid

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:10 pm

I am an American, nationalized since the 1980's, thank you.

Corulez05, the number of Indians and Chinese living my lifestyle will double and triple this century, while you and your ilk will lucky to have a dollar general part-time job.

I love this country, and I would die for it, but can't stand people like you.

CORULEZ05

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:13 pm

you are nationalized, not an American....and btw, we have our future set and don't live pay check by pay check so.....there wont be a need for a part-time job...why dont you go back to your country and try to make it better?....take all that money you have and help your people...I heard it isnt doing so hot.....Cheers
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

texdravid

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:19 pm

So, by definition, a naturalized American is not an American?
What an asinine statement!!

Who lives paycheck to paycheck? Not me, and certainly not the majority of Indians in America.

Why don't you take your money and help all the retards in this country?
Their life ain't that hot either.

You and your ilk give America a bad name. I and my family and fellow Indian-Americans are American success stories, and a model minority, and the benchmark for what a community and race can do. Get over it, I'm better than you, and you can't do anything about it.

You are like a fly rushing straight into my Bentley windshield, loser!

tu154m

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:19 pm

I can assure you that DL's India call centers are open, and if anything, will only expand. At the rate DL is going with outsourcing, I wouldn't be surprised to see their Mtc going overseas very soon(if they have any left). Of course what do I know............I only work there. Oh yeah, BOS and LAX call centers closing.........where do you think those jobs are heading???? I can assure you not in the US!
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

CORULEZ05

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:22 pm

LMAO @tex........good for you man....you are better than me? You dont even know me....you want to talk about insane statements..........LOL....why don't we compare what we have....wait, how old are you.....I am 21.......what did YOU HAVE at 21.....LOL
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

texdravid

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:32 pm

Yeah, your statement that a naturalized U.S. citizen is not a citizen is a stupid statement. "nationalized" is not a term to be used in this context, but then again if you had half a brain, you would know this.

I had even more stuff when I was younger, because my parents came over here, busted their butt, and made something in this country. Something you couldn't contemplate in your pea-sized brain.

Even if I didn't have any material things whatsoever, I still can get up every morning and operate on people's hearts and do things that you couldn't even imagine. What are you going to do tomorrow morning? Wake up with a hangover, or go a frat party?

Please, spare yourself some embarassment and don't argue with someone who is a heart surgeon, for Christ's sake!!

CORULEZ05

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:36 pm

Yet another stupid statement....not all 21yr old college students just go to frat parties and get drunk.....and I am in that group that doesn't just do that. I must say, I am happy you made something of yourself....seeing you came from nothing and from a less than perfect country....I'm glad you came here and you are living the American dream. Congrats man...just some advice, money isn't everything...try to get alittle grounded...you aren't God's gift to this world..........and as for operating, I would hate for you to be operating on me I must say, I would choose an all American doctor in a heart beat.......lol.....PEACE!
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!