JetSOUTHEAST
Topic Author

Odd Pricing Structure By LCC's

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:34 pm

I notice this odd pricing structure when I search for flights to destinations which involve a connection each way. LCC's are always cheaper when it comes to walkup/one way travel, while majors are generally more, but when it comes to connecting, LCC's are usually $50.00 more than a major!

CORULEZ05

RE: Odd Pricing Structure By LCC's

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:40 pm

LCC aren't always as cheap as they seem. You have to know the tricks to get the best fares. In other words, you have to select a very restricted ticket....
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

keindy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:44 pm

When I was flying between IND and PHX a few years back it was always $50 to $80 cheaper to connect on NW then go n/s on TZ, HP, or WN and I almost always chose NW as I was on a budget and did not mind the connection plus I got the FF miles. That is my only beef with the LCC's, the FF programs with the legacy carriers are better and I think NW has a very good one.

doug_or

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:54 pm

Its odd pricing structures by legacies. It costs more to connect, and the simple pricing structures of LCCs often reflect this. They give you a discount as an incentive to use the flights that are chepest to operate. The legacies charge more for NS flights and less for connections because the NS is more convient, and therfore a more valuable service.
When in doubt, one B pump off