rootsair

Hooters Air

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:53 am

Two things about Hooter's Air

1)always wondered if the stweardesses of hooters' air were like the waitresses in the restaurants. Big breats and all models. Since its part of hooter's image I guess its the case.
2)I've seen a picture of females in the cockpit. do they have fermale pilots ?
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

1MillionFlyer

RE: Hooters Air

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:55 am

they are really PACE airlines under subcontract. They have "regular" FA's and 2 "Hooters girls" on each flight
Golf Foxtrot you are cleared for departure

KDTWflyer

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:00 am

NW B744 B742 B753 B752 A333 A332 A320 A319 DC10 DC9 ARJ CRJ S340

nudelhirsch

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:01 am

And once again the hooters thread... Sad
Putana da Seatbeltz!

pilotaydin

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:02 am

i can see why that captain has his hands where they are  Smile
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

srbmod

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:06 am

they are really PACE airlines under subcontract. They have "regular" FA's and 2 "Hooters girls" on each flight

I wouldn't exactly call it subcontract since Pace Airlines is owned by Hooters Air Inc., but for all practical and regulatory purposes it is a wet lease operation.

B757capt

Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:54 am

Pace is not owned by hooters Air. Pace is owned by Hooters of America which also owns Hooters Air.

There are numerous female pilots for Pace but, the hooters girls are in addition to the regular 2 pilots and 3 flight attendants.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

252MKR

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:27 am

A Ramper who worked a Hooters Air 73-2 flight remarked that it was the most clean, nice 73's he as ever worked. I think PACE's 200 flying for Hooters is a late model with the "dash 17" motors and the "300" auto pilot / mode control panel.

Sounds like a tight ride!
"...If I'm here, and you're here--doesn't that make it our time?" Jeff Spicoli

Av8trxx

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:01 am

2)I've seen a picture of females in the cockpit, do they have female pilots?

Yes. At least one. Aileen Watkins was a 737 Captain with PACE, but she took a job recently as a 747-400 F/O with Atlas. She flew with a female F/O while she was there but I don't know her name. Presumably the F/O is still with PACE.

kaputt

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:51 am

From what my friend said, I think they have one of the best products in the US. And they are slowly expanding, which is a good sign. Mabye one day they can be a big boy.
Carpe the Diem...Seize The Carp

airgeek12

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:59 am

From what my friend said, I think they have one of the best products in the US. And they are slowly expanding, which is a good sign. Mabye one day they can be a big boy.

I agree and disagree with that. I do think that Hooters Air has the potential of expanding and gaining more pax and whatnot; but at the same time familys probobly will not want to fly because of the "Hooters Girls" and whatnot. But it really depends on the family and alot of different variables.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

..geek

rootsair

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Can you tell me where Hooters air is based ?
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

pilot kaz

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:31 pm

ummmm does this look fake to anyone else?

-

B757capt

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:58 am

Av8trxx You know Aileen? Thats great Her female F/O was Donna Miller she sitll flys for pace what a team.

Picture is not a fake Its at our MYR hub where we are based in Myrtle Beach, SC.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

ANNOYEDFA

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:17 am

I always see a pretty blonde pilot with the hooters tie on commuting through EWR.....
"TWA... One Mission, Yours."

pilot kaz

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 am

hmm it just didnt look real to me, it looks like the 2 pilots have been photoshoped in or something, no shadow and there size does not seem right :|
-

smcmac32msn

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:44 am

Look at the shadow of the airplane, it was taken around noon, as the shadow is directly underneath the corresponding part. Therefore, the shadows of the people would be very tiny (if visible) or directly around their feet.
Hey Obama, keep the change! I want my dollar back.

CaptOveur

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:49 am

"Big breats and all models."

Clearly you have never been to a Hooters. I always get the under-equipped one that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

gsoflyer

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:50 am

"Can you tell me where Hooters air is based ?"

RootsAir, Hooters is based out of the United States and has their "hub" of sorts at Myrtle Beach, SC. They market themselves as a purely leisure airline.

Pace Airlines, who is owned by Hooters of America (who owns Hooters Air) is also based out of the United States in Winston-Salem, NC with some of their fleet at different bases throughout the country.

B757capt

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:51 am

Faith Rosenberg. She was based at EWR for the winter when we took the 757 off the route.

BT

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:32 am

ya, those pilots do look fake for some reason

JMV

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:29 am

You would be surprised at the number of families that eat at Hooters restaurants. Certainly, they are outnumbered by jocks, college boys, NASCAR fans, and other primarily male groups, but families in the restaurants are not scarce.

I'm curious to know if they've reconsidered serving their hot wings on the planes. When Hooters Air launched they stated they would NOT serve wings inflight because they could not guarantee the quality of the product. Now, however, you can find their hot wings in the frozen food section of the grocer.

I would suspect that Hooters Air will be a successful niche player. They have a marketing angle that sets them apart from other carriers, and competitive pricing. Nothing wrong with that.

You also have to respect the entrepreneurial spirit of the Hooters' president. He got ticked off because the legacy carrier pulled out of Myrtle Beach, so he "bought" himself an airline.
Google begins where my brain ends! ©

Airplaneslover

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:40 am

So in addition to 2 pilots, 3 regular FAs, we have 2 hooters girls onboard. My question is what's the duty for the 2 hooters girls ? and do they serve food onboard and if they do, do they have the same kinds of food at the restaurants?
thanks.

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:07 pm

>My question is what's the duty for the 2 hooters girls ?<

Their duty is to be Hooters Girls Big grin

>do they have the same kinds of food at the restaurants?<

Like said, they have not up to this point, but the wings may make it on now due to the new heat and serve wings available in stores. Hooters Air is actually, in many ways, an LCC in its approach and offers really good walk up fares. The whole point of the airline was to capitalize on Hooters brand name to promote the owner's golf resorts in MYR and bring in tourists that way. Why they are going for ETOPS, I have no idea but Hawaii has been rumored if only because they did the proving flights there
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

B757capt

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:55 pm

The girls sell merchandise and help with food service.

We got the ETOPS Cert. Because what kind of a charter operator would we be with it.

We serve Chicken raps or Buffalo Chicken sandwiches (depending on day and direction of your flight. Morning flights are breakfast with either sausage biscuits or omelets.

N1120A

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:01 pm

>The girls sell merchandise and help with food service.<

And provide lots of cheap advertising. I am betting they don't get tipped all that much on the planes, so does Hooters pay extra for air service?

>We got the ETOPS Cert. Because what kind of a charter operator would we be with it.<

Congrats, now where will the 757 be going?

>We serve Chicken raps or Buffalo Chicken sandwiches (depending on day and direction of your flight. Morning flights are breakfast with either sausage biscuits or omelets. <

Well, now, food huh? Too bad they can't serve the awesome grilled fish sandwiches that can be found at Hooters

Flighttime

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:03 pm

Fish? In a sandwich? Food?!:! And you sport a French flag, no less!

elwood64151

Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:34 am

I agree and disagree with that. I do think that Hooters Air has the potential of expanding and gaining more pax and whatnot; but at the same time familys probobly will not want to fly because of the "Hooters Girls" and whatnot. But it really depends on the family and alot of different variables.

Don't you know Hooters is a family restaurant?

I'm serious, stop laughing.

hmm it just didnt look real to me, it looks like the 2 pilots have been photoshoped in or something, no shadow and there size does not seem right :|

There si a shadow, it's just cloudy so it's not well defined. Also, having worked around 737s for two years, I think they look just abour the right size...

Clearly you have never been to a Hooters. I always get the under-equipped one that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Hooters girls run the gammut from petite, skinny, small-breasted girls to swimsuit-model types to overweight girls that would otherwise not consider wearing such attire to even some girls who frankly are just unattractive. Having been to many Hooters all over the US, I believe they are roughly evenly distributed among the different "types" of females out there.

You also have to respect the entrepreneurial spirit of the Hooters' president. He got ticked off because the legacy carrier pulled out of Myrtle Beach, so he "bought" himself an airline.

Yeah... And he offered $400K (so goes the rumor) for Vanguard when he was looking around. Would've been interesting to meet my friends from the Barry Road store at the gate every day... But it was just WAY too little money....

I am betting they don't get tipped all that much on the planes, so does Hooters pay extra for air service?

Since all the Hooters Girls work in the restaurants and get tipped very well there (believe me, they do, and I'm guilty of it!), I don't think the company is going to pay them extra for the flights. Just their regular $2.13 an hour.

Too bad they can't serve the awesome grilled fish sandwiches that can be found at Hooters

I prefer the grilled chicken, or better yet the BBQ ribs (I only get to Franchise stores anymore... Do they still have BBQ ribs?!?! PLEASE SAY THEY DO!!!!).

Ah, well. At least the lewd and lescivious comments were kept to a minimum this thread...
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

N1120A

Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:42 am

>Fish? In a sandwich? Food?!:! And you sport a French flag, no less!<

Given the British love of anything involving Tuna and/or Shrimp (prawns to you, but incorrect) and mayo (yuck) between pieces of bread, you have nothing to say there Big grin. Then again, I have a California beach bum's heart and taste buds so make it spicy and from the sea

[Edited 2005-02-11 17:43:28]

elwood64151

Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:13 am

and mayo (yuck)

Hey, hey, hey hey heyheyheyheyhey!

You can't have "Tater Salad" without Mayo!

(thank you Ron White)

I didn't want to be drunk in pub-LIC. I wanted to be drunk... In a bar. They threw me into pub-LIC. Arrest THEM!
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

N1120A

Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:21 am

>You can't have "Tater Salad" without Mayo!<

My whole family has at least a slight aversion to mayo. Some like it more than others. Still, our "Tater Salad" is made with yoghurt (and it is awesome). BTW, is Hooters Air still offering what are probably the best kept secret in walk-up fares?

B757capt

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:36 am

Yea our walk up fares are dirt cheap still.

And yes the girls are paid an hourly salary on the aircraft. (in addition to the numerous tips they make!)

kaputt

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:30 am

Anyone know why Hooters Air doesn't publish their Load Factors?

MaverickM11

Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:02 pm

"A Ramper who worked a Hooters Air 73-2 flight remarked that it was the most clean, nice 73's he as ever worked."

That's because nobody is sitting in the seats....

" I do think that Hooters Air has the potential of expanding and gaining more pax and whatnot;"

Expanding, yes, gaining more passengers? If Indy Air has trouble filling its planes more than half full between major metropolitan areas with tons of advertising, imagine how many pax Hooters Air is carrying between Rockford and Denver....

"Anyone know why Hooters Air doesn't publish their Load Factors?"

Because they're probably in the 'teens and they'd be the laughing stock of the industry? Hooters Air is free advertising for Hooters Restaurant and provides people with jobs in between charter flying. Under its current guise and direction it's definitely not adding to the bottom line. Maybe it's a major tax write off?
E pur si muove -Galileo

B757capt

Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:01 pm

Mavrick11- well I think you are totally corect reguarding our advertisement are correct but,

Your comments on load factors are incrediable WRONG and don't forget what happens when you assume Mavrick you make an ASS of yourself. Loads to RFD-DEN is especially high last 5 flights all over 100 pax. EACH WAY

airgeek12

Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:24 pm

Quoting B757capt (reply 31):
(in addition to the numerous tips they make!)

So pax like tip the hooters girls?

B757capt

Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:07 pm

yea pax tip them a lot. Girls do serve food, sell t-shirts, and pamper of cource.  Big grin

MaverickM11

Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:13 pm

"Loads to RFD-DEN is especially high last 5 flights all over 100 pax. EACH WAY
"

Easy there killer. 5 flights do not a large sample make...especially considering this is a holiday weekend. I just picked RFD/DEN because I went to the inaugural which had about 10 paying passengers onboard...if that. What is Hooters Air's system load factor...I'll take the highest month if you've got it. I bet it's not above 60%
E pur si muove -Galileo

MaverickM11

Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:17 pm

"especially considering this is a holiday weekend."

AND NBA all star weekend in Denver...
E pur si muove -Galileo

1MillionFlyer

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:12 am

Wow, amazing how someone who does not fly on them, work for them, or appear to have anything to do with avition professionally can state with such authority the load factors and viablity of a privately held company that does not have to disclose load factors or profits.
Golf Foxtrot you are cleared for departure

lvkewlkid

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:27 am

Quoting Airgeek12 (reply 10):
familys probobly will not want to fly because of the "Hooters Girls" and whatnot. But it really depends on the family and alot of different variables.

what do you mean? whats wrong with Hooters Girls, its a family restaurant?

B757capt

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:14 am

1MillionFlyer [Quote selected text]"Wow, amazing how someone who does not fly on them, work for them, or appear to have anything to do with avition professionally can state with such authority the load factors and viablity of a privately held company that does not have to disclose load factors or profits."

1MIllionFlyer you have made it to my respected users list.  Big thumbs up I couldn't say it better myself.

highflier92660

Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:55 am

Every time I see a Hooter's thread I can't help but wonder why they aren't beating the door down to PIE. St. Pete/Clearwater is an airport desperately looking for airline business and Hooters/Pace is an airline that could use some logic in its route structure. Additionally, Hooters has an historic attachment to the Tampa Bay area, opening its first restaurant at 2800 Gulf-To-Bay in 1983. With a hub at PIE, Hooters would have ready-made name identification, a (largely male) customer base, and for certain, a PIE airport management team that would bend over backwards for any legitimate Part 121 carrier with the demise of Southeast and ATA's imminent departure.

[Edited 2005-02-21 22:15:01]

GentFromAlaska

Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:59 am

Wonder how long its going to take Hooters Air to begin service to the St. Petersburg Clearwater Florida airport (PIE)

After all Clearwater is the home of the first Hooters restaurant. Oh the memories.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

September11

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:14 am

Playboy & Hooters -- something in common

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © AirNikon
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jason Whitebird

I like the Playboy DC-9 better....
Airliners.net of the Future

kaputt

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:27 pm

That playboy jet looks awesome. Mabye(if playboy ever started an airline) they could codeshare. Big grin