CX747
Topic Author

Cathay Pacific 747s

Sat Jan 23, 1999 1:26 am

Has anyone flown on a Cathay Pacific 747? Was it a good flight and was the aircraft clean and in good working condition?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

gnarly

RE: Cathay Pacific 747s

Sat Jan 23, 1999 2:12 am

I flew from KUL to Hong Kong in early July 98. The flight was on a CX330. It was fine, apart from one ear of my headphones was dead. The plane B-HLK, seemed to be in good working order apart from the strange clunking noise that the undercarriage made. I've more recently heard that both 330s and 340s have the same strange noises.
My only problem with the flights (I flew back to Malaysia) was to do with the teething problems of the new airports.
Cheers,
Charles

freddy

Sat Jan 23, 1999 2:35 am

I've flown Cathay Pacific 747's about 5 times. Mostly 747-400's but once or twise a 747-300.

The interior is great with a personal video screen in each seat. You got a few channles and a few pretty lame games like Hangman but it's still better than nothing. I once flew Hong Kong-Paris on a CX 747-400 that didn't have the personal video screens and that turned out to be a pretty boring flight. The FA's are always very nice though and snacks of differnt kinds are offered thoughout the flight. I'd rate CX the second best airline in terms of service with SIA as nr one.

I remeber CX always plays some soft music before takeoff and after landing. It's always the same tune and it's really relaxing. I've never heard anything like it - it's great. I'd like to have a recording of it at home but I have no idea where to find the music.

Freddy

will

Sat Jan 23, 1999 2:49 pm

G'day.
l have flown on CX 747's several times. First flight was a 200 series, and the rest have all been 400's. All flights were magic, A/C were clean and the service was fantastic. My first trip into HKG with CX, the captain invited me for the landing into Kia Tak. l'll never foget that one..
See yah..
Will..

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos