DABZF
Topic Author

De-Icing Fluid Shortage In CPH

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:57 am

Heard earlier today that due to the snowing during the weekend in CPH the airport is running out of de-icing fluids! Apparently some has been ordered from GOT but not yet arrived!

As I heard both KE and SQ 74F's were heavily delayed due this! Not sure for other delays!?

To be honest I find this a bit ridiculous. It was know already on Thursday that the low pressure area will hit Denmark during the weekend and even up to 15cm snow was forecasted (in CPH it's only few cm's)! I wonder how come airport does not react early enough and prepare to this?

[Edited 2005-02-14 16:59:31]
I like driving backwards in the fog cause it doesn't remind me of anything - Chris Cornell

DAL767400ER

RE: De-Icing Fluid Shortage In CPH

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:02 am

You can ask people at CVG or ATL the same question. Both had occasions where they didn't have enough de-icing fluid this winter season, though obviously those airport see a bit more flights per day and usually not as much snow as CPH.

mika

Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:15 am

When i left Almaty on a LH flight early last december we had to wait for 2 hrs because the deicing truck ran out of fluid and it took 1,5 hours before they had it filled up again. It was my first flight in winter and snowy conditions and it leads me to wonder if all flights are generally delayed in these conditions? It took the guys a good 45 mins to de ice our A332 once the fluid was back on. How in heck is it possible for any airline to keep their schedules in a sitaution like that?

ZRH

Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:32 am

When there is much snow there are always delays on any airport because of deicing. But an airport like CPH which is rather in the north should not run out of deicing fluid.

heisan67

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:58 am

Look to Norway ;=) almost de-icing untill june!

MD11Engineer

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:06 am

Had this 4 times last year in CGN, DHL and UPS had to ground a big part of their fleets. Only LH had their own stock....

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos