Major Developments At DUB

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:09 am

The Irish government shall announce next month that a second terminal shall be built at Dublin airport, about time too I say. A new 3billion euro metro link from the airport into the city centre shall also be announced at the beginning of March. All in all excellent news
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

RE: Major Developments At DUB

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:15 am

Good when we(AA) fly there in the future we will have a new parking spot

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:03 am

Any idea where the second terminal will be built? I remember seeing proposals several years ago for a new terminal on the site of some of the EI hangars. Those plans called for Ryanair to be the sole user of that terminal.

As for the metro link - railway connections between a city and airport are ALWAYS a good thing. Bravo, Dublin.

What's the status of the second parallel runway? Is DUB still pursuing that option?

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:06 am

bet Ryanair will opose paying a cent for it - prepare for the legal challenges!!

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:12 am

This is very urgent. When I was in Ireland last summer, both flights were delayed because of airport problems (no free gates, congestion etc). I think I never waited that long for my luggage (about two hours) as at Dublin airport. I thought it was one of the worst airports I have ever been (perhaps beside JFK in the mid 1990ies).

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:17 am

If this is possibly to do with the proposed venture by the McEvaddy brothers, then its proposed for a site in Huntstown bordering the airport on the western side. This is a marvellous development. I only hope that some good design will be used and that the Irish habit of launching and not planning these things very well will not happen once again...

Especially good was the article in yesterdays Irish newspapers about the Shannon stopover - apparently an agreement is very close and will be signed over the next 3 months. A transition period of up to 3 years is expected allowing the current two to DUB, 1 to SNN arrangement to become 3 for 1, 4 for 1 and eventually 6 to 1. Aer Lingus have stated their intentions to quickley restart BWI as well as SFO if an agreement is made as well as go scheduled to Orlando.