miaskies

2004 - Success For AA & AE @ SJU

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:21 am

Just like at MIA, AA did very well at SJU in 2004 by stating they carried more than 5 million passengers through out the year. 500,000 thousand more than 2003's figures.

Interesting notes, it states American Eagle is looking to start service to the nearby Puerto Rican island of Vieques. Being from Puerto Rico, I can tell you that Vieques and smaller sister Island Culebra, offer some of the prestine beaches in the Caribbean w/out the hussle and bustle of more comercialized islands.

Also for my Venezuelan friends out there, the long rumoured San Juan-Porlamar (Isla Margarita) is also mentioned. They are currently seeking to begin Charter service to the Island.

All and All great news!

Here is the link to the press release:

http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pr...d=H5K5MRSUDBIFDEAJJMZU1C2QBFFTOVMD
Nothing better than making love at 35K Feet!

us330

RE: 2004 - Success For AA & AE @ SJU

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:02 am

Vieques does offer some of the most beautiful and pristine beaches in the Caribbean, if by beautiful and pristine you mean heavily contaminated by years of Air Force and Navy bomb tests. Mess isn't cleaned up, and will take quite some time before it returns to its pre-Navy state, if it does at all.

chepos

RE: 2004 - Success For AA & AE @ SJU

Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:05 am

I believe the current air fare between Puerto Rico and Vieques is $25 each way, if AAEagle were to start flying the route Im afraid that would go up. The good thing is that it would make it much easier to travel from the U.S mainland to Puerto Rico if this service were ever to get started.
Fly the Flag!!!!