ssides

Downloadable Timetables Similar To AA/AS?

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:52 am

What other airlines have downloadable electronic timetables similar to those that AA and AS offer? I've tried DL's and CO's, but their format is much less user friendly.

I currently have the oneworld, AA, and AS timetables. Any other airlines' I should get?
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

PVD757

RE: Downloadable Timetables Similar To AA/AS?

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:58 am

DH/US is the same as DL/CO. Skyteam's isn't bad but it's updated only monthly... I typically don't use the downloadable ones anymore to insure I have the most current info.

ERJ170

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:58 am

United has a similar desktop timetable similar to AA.. much more useful than DL, US, CO, NW, FL, HP in my opinion..
Aiming High and going far..

rtfm

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:29 am

BA has versions that you can download onto a PC, Pocket PC or Palm. I use the Palm version and find it very useful as it will add flight details into my Palm calendar.

N62NA

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:03 am

CO used to use the same timetable program as AA and UA, but it seems they are using a different variant on it now which is indeed not as good as the prior version they used.

copter808

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:22 am

I checked a few of the sites...

I use the "SkyGuide TravelDesk" which is available at no charge and includes most airlines. It does not include most LCC though. It's a cooperative effort between American Express and GoldenWare Technologies.

The AA version that I checked appears to be the older version of the TravelDesk program by Goldenware.

Skyteam version appears to be a version of the newer SkyGuide TravelDesk program, but limited to the SkyTeam Alliance.

I always keep the SkyGuide on my computers for planning purposes and have been using the TravelDesk and later SkyGuide for several years now. The SkyGuide is great, but I miss some of the things unique to TravelDesk.

deltairlines

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:46 am

OneWorld and Star have the same format - quite handy (I don't bother with the AA and UA ones, since everything on there is in the alliance ones).

CO's is pretty good. It's a lot like the old one...you just need to go in and configure it so it doesn't max out at 50 flights. If only Delta/NW/SkyTeam could be like this...it would be much nicer.

Jeff

N62NA

Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:32 am

Quoting DeltAirlines (reply 6):
CO's is pretty good. It's a lot like the old one...you just need to go in and configure it so it doesn't max out at 50 flights.

How do you do that? It's not under the Tools/Timetable Options area on the version of the schedule I have.

bernsa

Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:44 am

I have found a trick with the Skyguide type engines - e.g. Skyteam, Air France, Alitalia - you can put an * as a wildcard to get some semblance of a city based schedule (In my opinion the one option that I found most useful of the TravelDesk software). The downside is that the search results are somewhat unpredictable, not all flights (even mainline skyteam flights for example) do not always appear and the options can be somewhat limited. Works best in the smaller, less connected cities in their respective networks.

COIAHLGW

Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:20 am

N62NA,

For the CO timetable - in my version (1.4) - you go to Tools, Timetable Options and then Advanced. You can then change the Maximum Number of Records Retured.

N62NA

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:57 pm

Got it, thanks COIAHLGW!

jc2354

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Bernsa,

Thanks for the great tip!

I use the SkyGuide, too. It doesn't show Southwest, but does show Easyjet and Ryannair. I was able to get rid of all the downloadable timetables, and get all the information I need from this one source. I highly recommend it
If not now, then when?

deltairlines

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:33 pm

Does anyone know of a way to download the SkyGuide timetable? My computer crashed completely last week and I had to get a new hard drive...alas, the SkyGuide installed is gone, and now they want me to join, which costs money...

Jeff

copter808

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:17 pm

DeltAirlines--I updated just a few days ago and there was no charge. I just went to their website and see they charge about $70/yr!! Probably still a good value and I'll pay it if need be, but I'll no longer be silent about any errors I find. Also, for years I've been suggesting people download it--no more.

Maybe I need to think about cancelling my American Express card too.

Kieron747

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:58 am

I think Air Canada has a PDF file on their website with all their flights and times
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos