yul332LX

WorldPerks (NW) And Air France: Incompatible?

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:14 am

I booked a couple of flights with AF and I was trying to have the FF miles credited to my Worldperks account. However, my account has 12 digits and the AF agent told me she could only enter 10 digits into the system.

Any idea how I could have them credited anyways? The agent told me clearly that she could usually credit miles to the Worldperks program only in this case, my account has (apparently) too many digits!!!

Any help will be much appreciated.
E volavo, volavo felice più in alto del sole, e ancora più su mentre il mondo pian piano spariva lontano laggiù ...

phollingsworth

RE: WorldPerks (NW) And Air France: Incompatible?

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:49 am

If all else fails save your ticket stubs and receipt. Using this you can contact NW to get a credit. I have had to do this several times with DL after AF didn't post my miles. Sometimes it was because my Skymiles # didn't make it on to that particular flights record, other times because AF is screwed up.

jblake1

Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:39 am

You can always mail in your flight coupons to NWA after the fact. I've had to do this several times with DL operated flights. Despite my NWA WP number showing on my Delta ticket; they never appeared in my Worldperks account. Glad I saved my stubs because I finally got my miles.

Jblake1
Gold Elite Worldperks

iowaman

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:43 am

Should be compatible:

Air France

Earning/Redeeming Miles

Earn miles on all SkyTeam-coded, Air France-operated flights.

Redeem miles on all Air France-operated flights.

Destinations

Air France serves 189 destinations in 84 countries worldwide.

Earning Banked Miles

100% of actual miles flown (500-mile minimum).

50% mileage bonus for First/Business Class travel.

Elite Qualifying Air France Fare Classes on Air France-coded, Air France-operated

Elite Qualifying Miles at 150%: P, F, J, C, D, I, Z, Y, S,

Elite Qualifying Miles at 100%: A, B, M, K, H, T, R, L, N, V, Q, U, W, E

Elite Qualifying Segments: P, F, J, C, D, I, Z, Y, S (A, B, M, K, H, T, R, L, N, V, Q, U, W, E effective January 1, 2005)

Award Blackout Dates on Air France Flights
None

http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/earn/airfl.shtml

CaptSkibi

Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:58 am

Most people I know have a 9-digit WorldPerks number. However, one of the guys here at work just applied (about 2-3 months ago) for a WorldPerks account. He got a 12-digit number. Why would NW create WP numbers that are incompatible with their system? Perhaps she was in the wrong window open?

But definitely do as the others say and fax or mail in a copy of your boarding passes to NW. Go here https://www.nwa.com/freqfly/track/discr.shtml to see the instructions to get a mileage credit.

Shaun
NWA Platinum Elite
Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land / former frequent flyer with 9 straight years being elite on NW/DL

yul332LX

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:56 am

Thanks a lot for the tips guys. I appreciate it.

I guess I’ll have to do it the old way: by mail!
E volavo, volavo felice più in alto del sole, e ancora più su mentre il mondo pian piano spariva lontano laggiù ...

lincoln

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:04 am

12 digits? Just out of curiosity when and where did you get your WP number?

Mine is 9 digits in three groups of three: 528 410 xxx and I'm a relatively recent member (2000, IIRC -- before they stopped giving away the cards)

Other than that, ditto what others have said: It should work, and if it doesn't just mail the cupons to NW in MN.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

nycflyer

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:51 pm

YUL -

I *just* took an AF trip (EWR - CDG - CAI) and accrued NW miles the whole way. I have a nine-digit Wordperks code, and it was no problem. I just gave the agent my number at check-in.

Jano

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:58 pm

I enrolled a friend of mine to WP in June 2004. She got 12 digit number.
The Widget Air Line :)

neilalp

Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:20 pm

I've got a 9 digit WP. But I'm an old member since '91 maybe even earlier, I'd have to find the old blue plastic card. Better just to have the number memorized.

lincoln

Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:43 pm

Quoting Neilalp (reply 9):
Better just to have the number memorized

Yep. It's scary that I do have my WP# memorized given how seldom I use it compared to all the other numbers in my life, but I have to admit that I carry the card with me "just in case"-- It sounds stupid, but I like the card as a sign that the airline values me as a customer. I also have a Mileage Plus number but since I don't have the card, I don't really consider myself a member...

[The other reason I carry the card with me is the secret hope that one day I'll be able to just run to the airpoirt at the last minute and catch a flight to destination unknown  Smile]

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile