Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

Is BRU A Good Dest For Euro Airlines?

Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:17 pm

Albeit not one of Europe's major airports, is Brussels a specially profitable destination for European Union carriers? I am asking because of the huge governmental structure (bureaucracy) stationed in Brussels, most of them expats.

Is this a meaningfull traveling public?
Is there a significant exodus on weekends?
Do these public employees fly on high "premium economy" or business fares?

Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

RE: Is BRU A Good Dest For Euro Airlines?

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:33 pm

No opinions on the matter so far?

bhxdtw

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:36 pm

I used to work for sabena and the majority of pax checking in for mid week flights were business men/women either stopping in BRU or carrying on to other euro airports / US airports but a lot did stay in BRU, mainly the day returners, i.e early morning out, late night back...
interestingly, the early morning flights had a heck of a lot of pax carrying onward to the African destinations sabena used to serve.
The weekends were mainly tourists on cheap tickets travelling onwards...

DoorsToManual

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:40 pm

Yes, BRU is fairly useful to have on BA's network; high Club loads on weekdays (as you pointed out, most bureaucrats can claim expenses on business tickets), and good amount of connecting traffic.