UAL747

Cathay JFK-HKG, How Is It?

Fri Mar 31, 2000 12:21 pm

I am planning on taking an after school trip from BOS-JFK-HKG (via Vancouver). Could anyone tell me how the flight is? I have never been on Cathay before and I understand it will be a 747-400. How long is it? What is the service like? Anyone know how many miles? Thanks.
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

RE: Cathay JFK-HKG, How Is It?

Fri Mar 31, 2000 9:49 pm

Ual747,

Cathay Pacific is the BEST airline to fly with and I certainly enjoy flying with them. There service is top notch and the best!

The flight from JFK to YVR takes around 5 and a half hours and then another 13 and a half hours to Hong Kong. The Boeing 747-400 aircrafts have new Economy Class seats which features personal television, footrest and winged headrest. I truely great airline and service.

Happy Flying!

jpyvr

RE: Cathay JFK-HKG, How Is It?

Sat Apr 01, 2000 3:41 am

I've only flown the JFK-YVR portion, so can only report on that part. Cathay's HKG-YVR-JFK routing is a great deal for those of us in Vancouver, as they offer great prices to NYC from Vancouver, compared to UA,AC,AA,CP et al. plus the flight is non-stop on a 744.

Also the service, entertainment, comfort are all miles ahead of the North American standard. When I took this flight recently, I thought the cabin service was a good as I've ever experienced anywhere in economy, esp. on the JFK-YVR portion.

You're are in for a great (albeit VERY long) flight on CX. Enjoy.