Legend Airlines - I'm Impressed!

Fri Mar 31, 2000 12:32 pm

Have a look at this airline's linerior.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Barry Crawford

I heard the hype - a new "Quality" airline but was very sceptical about it's fleet of ratty old DC-9s. When I saw this photo - I knew I was wrong. Maybe this airline is Midwest Express II

Even their website http://www.legendairlines.com is impressive considering they've only just started!

Compare it with the other "Quality" potential start up - Crystal Airways http://www.crystalairways.com It is nowhere near as good, although the airline it's self does have some interesting ideas.

JET SETTER

USAirways737

I Agree

Fri Mar 31, 2000 1:05 pm

The interior looks very comfy. I hope they succeed but who knows. They are in Americans turf.

FLY777UAL

RE: Legend Airlines - I'm Impressed!

Fri Mar 31, 2000 1:06 pm

Legend definitly did do a great job with the interiors of their DC-9's. The seats look great (a little plain on the backside, but still good), and the sidewalls and overhead bins look even better (717-style)! GO LEGEND!

FLY777UAL

bizjet

Fri Mar 31, 2000 1:29 pm

I'm not sold on Crystal Airways.

Legend Airlines has a much more realistic plan. Crystal is more like a pipe dream.

I've called their "headquarters" and it was the "CEO"'s house. His toddler answered the phone!

The Legend interior looks much more spacious than MidwestEx. Could this be?

BizJet

Fri Mar 31, 2000 2:55 pm

I will be even more impressed when they actually start services, seeing that they have already delayed their start up date (for conflicting reasons within the media).

VirginA340

Fri Mar 31, 2000 3:32 pm

I hope Legend suceeds in the airline biz. I hope that AA doesn't force them out of business. I already hate them for getting rid of the nice Reno scheme. American needs to learn from airlines like Legend. Preferably a new paint job wouldn't be too bad.
"FUIMUS"

Fri Mar 31, 2000 5:10 pm

AA will do its damndest to keep Legend down but Legend has one thing that other startups do not have: a major FF program---Legend participates in Delta's Skymiles FF plan and this is a great reason to fly Legend for Dallas O&D pax who are Skymilers. How is it that no other startup has ever thought of this idea.

The a/c looks absolutely fab as well.

Barnaby--- Correction

Fri Mar 31, 2000 11:21 pm

Hey Barnaby-

Actually, Frontier uses Continental's OnePass program as tehy always have. They are based in Denver.

Jack M

AirT85

Sat Apr 01, 2000 6:07 am

Hey Y'all! Well i say best of luck to Legend!!! I hitnk there interiors are more spacious then Midwest Express's DC-9-30s because Legend can only have so many seats on a plane to be able to fly out of Dallas Love Field. Well gotta go now!
-Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?