Air Canada Starts New Route

Fri Mar 31, 2000 10:23 pm

Heard on the radio this morning that Air Canada will be starting April 3, daily service from Albany NY to Toronto.

John

RE: Air Canada Starts New Route

Sat Apr 01, 2000 8:59 am

I'm pretty sure they'll start the ALB service using 50 seat CRJ's. They run a bunch of CRJ's into DCA. I would guess this airplane's a money maker for AC. Great airplane for testing a market. The Canadair jets operate as part of Air Canada's main line service, not with a commuter subsidiary or affiliate. I can't think of any other large airline that currently incorporates regional jet flying into their main schedules.

flygirl

Sat Apr 01, 2000 11:32 am

Here is the listing of new routes that our company email notification told us about today. I have copied it exactly as it was presented in the employee notice.

MARKET, ROUTE, OPERATED BY (Codeshare)
Canada, YHZ YJT (Stephenville, NF), QK (AC/CP)
Canada, YOW YQG (Windsor, ON), GX (AC/CP)
Canada, YUL YEG, CP (AC/CP)
Canada, YUL YQG, GX (AC/CP)
Canada, YYZ YYJ, CP (AC/CP)
U.S., YEG LAX, CP (AC/CP/UA)
U.S., YUL DEN (Denver, CO), AC (AC/CP/UA)
U.S., YVR GEG (Spokane, WA), ZX (AC/CP/UA)
U.S., YYZ DTW (Detroit Metro, MI), CRA (AC/CP/UA)
U.S., YYZ DAY (Dayton, OH), ORA (AC/CP/UA)
U.S., YYZ ALB (Albany, NY), ORA (AC/CP/UA) (10Apr)
U.S., YYZ GRR (Grand Rapids, MI), ORA (AC/CP/UA)
Int’l, YYZ NRT, AC (AC/CP/NH)

These are the routes but unfortunately the type of aircraft to operate them was not given. I suspect John is correct in that they will be serviced by the feeder aircraft.

Sat Apr 01, 2000 12:02 pm

BA operate regional jets as part of their mainline schedules, on routes that need a bit of extra capacity RJs fly alongside mainline jets on routes to places like Paris, Amsterdam and Milan. On other routes, BA uses the aircraft of it's regional airlines instead of it's own to operate BA routes eg BA pulled off the Manchester-Belfast route and pur British Regional on with BAe146s or Gatwick-Brussles where Cityflyer put ATR-72s onto the route - BA's regional partners are more or less totally integrated into the network - several of them fly 737s and A320s so you can't tell where they end and BA begins!

BTW - I know someone who's going to be dissapointed that YWG isn't on the list of new routes 
JAMES

JetService

Sat Apr 01, 2000 1:45 pm

YYZ-FWA should be on that list also. There will be feeder service same as GRR, ALB, & DAY with Air Georgian and their Beechcrafts.
"Shaddap you!"

ywg777

Sat Apr 01, 2000 1:49 pm

Hey I knew you were directing that comment to me and every one else in YWG. I am happy at least that YWG got more added on flights. New routes come later. I am just happy with what we got. Jetsetter I think that maybe we should NOT bash other airports no matter how big or small. Hey at least we get more transborder flights. Thats a good thing. We are getting 7 more transborder flights.
YWG777

Pbb152

RE: YWG777

Sat Apr 01, 2000 3:35 pm

I don't think jetsetter was bashing YWG. I think he was making a joke about you, because you ask about new service at YWG EVERY WEEK! C'mon kid, put 2 and 2 together!

Sun Apr 02, 2000 12:19 am

I flew for the first time on a CRJ a couple of weeks ago and I loved it! It was a smooth quiet ride, I am taking another one at the end of the month with US Airways Express from Reagan National to Knoxville TN.

ywg777

Sun Apr 02, 2000 2:42 am

Tomorrow April 2nd Air Canada styarts thre first of many routes and added on flights. jUST THOUGH EVERY ONE SHOULD KNOW.
ywg777

LHMark

Sun Apr 02, 2000 2:46 am

Air Ontario just started flights here to Rochester a few months ago, using Dash-8s. Those maple leaf tails are a welcome sight to upstate NY airports!
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Pbb152

RE: YWG777--Now I Can Sleep Tonight!

Sun Apr 02, 2000 5:21 am

Thank you!

BTW---Do you even realize their is a whole world outside of Winnipeg?

ywg777

RE: Pbb152

Sun Apr 02, 2000 7:31 am

Yes I am happy you can sleep tonight. Hehehe. I know their is a whole world outside of YWG. Don't you worry I will post YWG topics only when there is new news happening there. Which isn't much. I am glad to hear that. Any else?
YWG777

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos