ammunition

FF Miles: Possible To Add To Account At Check-in?

Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:52 am

Hi, is it possible to add FF miles to an account during check in. I have bought a ticket from the internet but the option to add miles for that particular airline was not given during purchase.

Thanks for any help.
Amo

[Edited 2005-02-26 02:53:19]
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'

PapaNovember

RE: FF Miles: Possible To Add To Account At Check-in?

Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:07 am

This is probably a stupid question, but what do you mean by "add FF miles"?

jetBlue

Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:11 am

Yes, it's possible to add your Frequent Flyer number at time of check in. It helps if you advise the agent before you check in, but they can still add it afterwards and get you a new boarding pass with the number on it.

jetBlue
We know for you it's not just a seat on a flight to a place. It's a seat on a flight to your life.

sllevin

Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:17 am

Absolutely. It's also very possible to mail/fax in copies of the ticket and boarding pass after the fact.

Steve

BAxMAN

Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:11 pm

If you know your airline PNR number, many airlines will let you enter your FF details online.

Otherwise, the old fashioned telephone will usually do the trick.
I need to get laid

PapaNovember

Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:14 pm

That's what I thought they meant but wasn't quite sure....

geoffm

Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:33 pm

No, you actually have to take the flight to get the miles. Sure, you can give them your number at check-in, but the miles themselves won't be credited until after the flight. That's certainly how it works for BA/QF/EK. Sllevin is also right in that you can mail in your boarding pass afterwards (note: boarding pass is normally required; the ticket alone is not enough because it's not proof you've taken the flight... slightly flawed arguement IMHO but that was BA's spiel to me).

Geoff M.

litz

Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:12 am

In addition, if you're on Delta, and you just made a medallion threshhold, their computer system has an odd quirk : any reservation made BEFORE you made the theshhold, will not reflect your higher medallion status ...

So, at check-in, you have to have them remove your FF # entirely, and re-attach it to your ticket ... then your itinerary will be updated with the new status.

Weird, eh?

- litz

Tango-Bravo

Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:10 am

Quoting Geoffm (reply 6):
the ticket alone is not enough because it's not proof you've taken the flight... slightly flawed arguement IMHO

How is this reasoning on the part of airlines flawed? There are a number of valid reasons for proof of actual travel (i.e. boarding pass) being required for back crediting of miles ...can't think of any invalid reasons.

geoffm

Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:00 pm

Quoting Tango-Bravo (reply 8):
How is this reasoning on the part of airlines flawed? There are a number of valid reasons for proof of actual travel (i.e. boarding pass) being required for back crediting of miles ...can't think of any invalid reasons.

Simply because you can obtain a boarding pass and then walk out the airport without using it!

Geoff M.