757MDE
Topic Author

Roman Abramovich 767 Details

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:50 pm

My apologies if this has already been discussed.
I just saw the pic of the Roman Abramovich's 767 and I would like to know details about said aircraft, previous operators (if any), rollout date, and any detail you know you'd like to share.

Thanks in advance!
Quisiera volveraamartevolveraquerertevolveratenertecerrrrcaademígirl! Mis ojos lloran porrr ti...

PositiveClimb

RE: Roman Abramovich 767 Details

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:59 pm

Hi 757MDE,

seems to be pretty difficult to get further information on Mr. Abramovich's new toy, but a quick search brought up these pieces of information:

http://www.flysouth.co.za/news/archi...equal%20of%20Air%20Force%20One.htm

It seems as if his B767-300 is brand new, and was originally set to be delivered to Hawaiian Airlines, but later ended up in the possession of a Cayman Islands registered company, according to a British consultancy firm familiar with the situation.

The plane is registered in Aruba, as is his second one, a B737.

The article states that the plane is equipped with things like missile jammer, and therefore would be "the next best thing to the U.S. president's Air Force One"

"The craft, which was purchased for an undisclosed sum last year from Ansett Worldwide leasing firm, is currently parked on the grounds of Jet Aviation, a business aviation services firm in Basel, Switzerland, the sources said. It has already been painted in Filton, England, in the same livery as the Boeing Business Jet 737 Abramovich already owns.

A new Boeing 767 costs roughly $100 million, but analysts said it is virtually impossible to estimate the price tag of Abramovich's jet because of the unknown cost of the plane's interior."

Hope these aren't old news for you!

Regards, Big grin
Fabian/PositiveClimb
A380 - love at first flight!

757MDE
Topic Author

RE: Roman Abramovich 767 Details

Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:04 am

Hey thank you very much!.
No, those weren't old news, that 767 sure looks good! but I didn't know it had missile jammer and all, what a beauty she is!
Quisiera volveraamartevolveraquerertevolveratenertecerrrrcaademígirl! Mis ojos lloran porrr ti...