VirginA340
Topic Author

Airline Seating Question

Sat Apr 01, 2000 10:09 am

Which plane and on what airline will most likely have seats that will not recline or have restricted recline in certain areas of the aircraft? I saw AA seat diagram; on it their MD-80, 737s, 757s, and 767s have restricted recline. Their F-100s, and 727s have seats weith no recline on overwing. (source www.aa.com)
"FUIMUS"

Philly Phlyer

RE: Airline Seating Question

Sat Apr 01, 2000 12:05 pm

Generally, seats in front of an exit row or emergency exit row do not recline. The airlines want to make sure the aisle is not blocked by a reclined seat if there is an emergency. That is why there is no recline or limited recline on many of the overwing rows (location of emergency exits).

On their new A319s and A320, however, US Airways has a locking system that locks the seats while on the ground, during take-off and during landing, but allows them to recline while flying at altitude. At this point, I am not sure how widespread this feature is.

RE: Airline Seating Question

Sat Apr 01, 2000 1:38 pm

any seats over the wings will not recline which has emergency doors exits.... that will be such in case of emergency landings...... !!! I sits behind the wings, some seats are not reclinable !!!

bassim