mauriceb

What About Air Berlin/Germania F-100's?

Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:38 am

i know that air berlin took over 3 F-100's from airberlin, and got some questions about it:

-why only 3?
-are the due to leave when the Airbusses arive
-why did they wanted those F-100's?

and got some questions about Germania:

-what will hapen after the take over by Deutche BA
-are they about to introduce more F-100's?

atamdji

RE: What About Air Berlin/Germania F-100's?

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:06 am

Maurice

Quote"i know that air berlin took over 3 F-100's from airberlin" - Sorry don't understand that.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

There are two companies here: Germania and Germania Express

What may be of interest is that Germania is a company that owns and operates several (30+ I think) F100s, and they wet lease these to other european Operators, the three air berlin F-100s are an example. They are wet leased for capacity reasons, so yes, it is likely that they will leave when air berlin's fleet expands (with the arrival of the busses)

Germania Express, GEXX, is a LCC that operated about 15 F-100s, the set-up being that they were wet leased from Germania. It is Gexx that will be taken over by dba, so these 15 planes will now be wet-leased by dba and repainted into dba colors.

I have no information about the introduction of more F-100s, I have only heard that the operators are not happy with dispatch reliability in the winter, so I doubt it.....

MHG

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:11 am

The F100 will be taken over by DBA. In fact it´s a wet lease and all a/c will get maintenance by Germania staff (as before) and crews will also remain to be Germania staff. But it´s likely that the a/c will be repainted in DBA colours.

You can check the DBA routes on their website as it has just been updated!
If you check specifically the schedules they´ll show the type of a/c for the routes .
P.S.: If you check enter dates after april 4th only. That´s the date of the "big change"...
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

Thomas_Jaeger

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:24 am

Official version: They wanted to replace their BAe 146s they had wet-leased from WDL Aviation before and started a great new cooperation with Germania on the Zurich and Vienna routes.

Unofficial version: Germania has played a little price dumping game (44 EUR incl. tax, every seat, on most VIE/ZRH routes of Air Berlin) to force Air Berlin to sign a wet-lease agreement above market prices. After the agreement was signed, Germania out of a sudden stopped all these routes and started "cooperating" with Air Berlin on these routes.
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

mauriceb

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:30 am

sorry AtamDji, i indead mean ''wet-leased'' i know it isn't an ''take over'' but hey my english isn't as good as my dutch  Wink/being sarcastic