cambrian

BA First Off Airport Check In At BGI

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:23 am

I heard that BA now offer a completely separate check in for First passengers at Grantley Adams. Apparently they have an off-airport check in and First passengers are chauffered to the plane steps, by-passing the terminal completely.

I am flying in First from BGI to LGW next week, and I was wondering if anyone has tried this new check in?

fbgdavidson

RE: BA First Off Airport Check In At BGI

Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:33 am

Not tempted to go back to Branson's Motley lot then  Big grin

While news of the F check-in has made it onto Flyertalk nobody has yet posted about it. Looking forward to seeing what your experiences are....
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

cambrian

RE: BA First Off Airport Check In At BGI

Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:32 am

Quoting Fbgdavidson (reply 1):
Not tempted to go back to Branson's Motley lot then

Ho ho! Well, I would be tempted if the price was right! Having said that, I did enjoy the little extras in BA First this time, even if I had to bring my own comb...

I read on Pprune that bmi may be using an LHR based aircraft for a twice weekly BGI service on days that the BOM service does not operate.

I will have to try BD soon, I think!

I will let you know about the First class check in via a trip report, if I can remember to do one! I just flew Bwee BGI- SXM in their First Class, returning on Liat from Anguilla via ANU and Dominica to BGI- quite an experience.