INTENSS
Topic Author

Aviation Doctorate Programs

Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:30 pm

Is anyone familiar with Doctorate programs in Aviation Management/Air Transportation, preferably in the U.S.? I've been searching for a while and haven't come up with any in that area. The large American Aviation institutions do not have any. I went to Riddle....nothing more than an MBA there.

I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 Doctorate program in Aviation Management in the UK. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Rich

JHSfan

RE: Aviation Doctorate Programs

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:08 pm

Dear Rich

Having performed a search on Google.com with the text string
"Doctoral program" ("Aviation Management" OR "Air Transportation" OR "Flight operation")
I got 536 hits.
Seems as if Hankuk Aviation University in Korea is one possibility. Have a nice search Smile

- JHSfan
Look at me, I´m riding high, I´m the airbornmaster of the sky...

TKMCE

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:38 pm

Quoting INTENSS (reply 0):
I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 Doctorate program in Aviation Management in the UK. Any information is appreciated.

Department of Air Transport in Cranfield university offers PHD programmes.

Check out www.cranfield.ac.uk

Cheers

2H4

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:53 am

Just out of curiousity....how much more marketable would a doctorate really make you in the current US airline industry?

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

TKMCE

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:43 pm

Just out of curiousity....how much more marketable would a doctorate really make you in the current US airline industry?

May be it helps you get a job in ERAU???. I know that quite a few of
of the Cranfield PHDs (as well asd the MSc graduates) are undergraduates from some of the ERAU programmes!