NW7E7
Topic Author

HA Inter-Island Assigned Seating

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:07 am

So it's nearly March now, where can I pick my seats? I booked through NW. Would they allow me to pick my seats on HA flights like they do with CO and DL on NW's website?

Thanks!

aloha73g

RE: HA Inter-Island Assigned Seating

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:12 am

I am pretty that all seat assignments for interisland flights will be made upon check in.

Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

goCOgo

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:51 am

I imagine you could call HA to get a seat assignment. When I flew HA1 LAX-HNL (granted not inter-island) booked on AA, you could call and book seats ahead of time. The counter agent was even a little ticked that we didn't, as unlike the AA flights we were on to get to LAX, we were not automatically assigned seats, so she had to try to find 3 close together at the last minute. In any event, it never hurts to call and ask!
"Why you fly is your business, how you fly is ours"

B4REAL

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:53 am

When I flew HA inter-island a few years ago on the sweet 717, the FC cabin had assigned seats, but Y did not. I think this is still the case.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

ha763

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:03 am

Interisland seat assignments will be assigned upon check in. This applies to all the ways you can check in for a HA flight: counter, kiosk, and the web. Just remember that you can check in through the web up to 24 hours prior to the flight's departure.

The only people who will be able to pre-select their interisland seats are Pualani Preferred Members. However, they will have to book directly with HA to be able to do this.

B4real, HA will start assigning all seats on interisland flights begining March 1.

Boeing73G

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:11 am

Why now the assigned seats on HA inter-island flights? Anyone know? When I last flew a seat # was on your ticket even though it was open seating in Y.

B4REAL

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:15 am

Quoting Ha763 (reply 4):
HA will start assigning all seats on interisland flights begining March 1

That's good news and thank you for the clarification. I prefer assigned seating! The HA flight was nice on the 717!
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

goCOgo

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:05 pm

Quoting Ha763 (reply 4):
The only people who will be able to pre-select their interisland seats are Pualani Preferred Members.

That's what I was afraid of. That's why I didn't get why so many were so happy to see that announcement. I personally enjoyed that regardless of how much I flew Hawaiian, I could always show up early and get a good seat if I was on vacation, unlike the legacys where the best seats are pre-reserved for those lucky enough to be elite members. Now, like the rest of the legacys, I'll be stuck with a mediocre seat 9 times out of 10. Being on one of their beautiful 717s and being in Hawaii makes up for it of course.
"Why you fly is your business, how you fly is ours"

ha763

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:00 pm

Just a clarification, to be a Pualani Preferred Member, all you need is to have a current Hawaiian Miles credit card or fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments on HA. This opens up pre-reserved seating to a lot of people. Many people who are Hawaiian Miles members also have a Hawaiian Miles credit card. Many people also fly to Vegas several times a year and 15,000 miles is only 3 roundtrips to the mainland. I don't fly anywhere near enough to be an elite member, nor am I a Premier Club member, but I do have a Hawaiian Miles Visa.

I forgot to add it in, but you are able to change your assigned seat if other are available when you check in.