FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

PRETRIP: FLL-JFK On B6

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:28 am

ok...the day is almost here. On Friday I head up to JFK on B6 for my chorus trip...to recap:
1) first trip to JFK
2) first trip apart from my parents
3) 2nd B6 trip
4) and first trip sick!

That's right, I am sick.
So, in addition to the following questions, what do I do when traveling with a cold? Also, what happens if I do develop an ear infection and I am traveling with a group, should I just fly with them or get someone to pick me up and stay in NY a few extra days? Do airlines waive fees in that situation?

NEXT:
3 days out, so you know what that means, which plane will I get? I'm happy with any plane except Hopelessly Devoted to Blue, I've already flown that twice out of my 2 times on B6! Also, any jetBlue crew members on the boards that will be on my flight? (FLIGHT NUMBER IS 26 ON 3/4/05 AND 81 ON 3/7/05) And finally, can David Neeleman PLEASE be on one of my flights? I really want to meet my idol!

Any other pertinant information you'd like to add is greatly appreicated, although I know most of the other stuff!

EDIT:
This is posted by me in the aviation hobby section, but i'm going to post it here too:
How do I start a logbook? What do I put for the pilots to write in it?
Is there anything I should add to tell these pilots that this is my first log?
Who do I talk to about getting it to the pilots if I do not see the pilots myself?

[Edited 2005-03-02 21:41:03]
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

jetblueatjfk

RE: PRETRIP: FLL-JFK On B6

Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:52 pm

Have fun on the trip and you won't be able to find out what plane is yours until you're there but hope it isn't the plane you already had. It is COLD in NY bring warm clothes,lol but it is true. You got to get better because having a cold and flying hurts your ears and stuff, plus you need to soak up B6!!lol.

Have fun

jetBlueAtJFK

DeltaMIA

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:18 pm

The best advice I can give is take some decongestant. Its ok to fly while sick, but you don't want to be congested. There are medicines that help for the 3 hour flight such as Clairitin-D or the Alka Seltzer Cold/Sinus. You just want to keep yourself clear while you go through the changes in pressurization.

[Edited 2005-03-03 08:19:55]
It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

nwa man

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:41 pm

Flight's not until Friday - there's more than enough time to get better. That's what I'd focus on until then. Get plenty of sleep and drink a ton of water while you're still in Florida. Try to kill the bug before you step on the plane - otherwise, it's not going to be a fun trip at all.

Regards,

N-Dub
Create your own luck.

FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:51 am

I went to the doctor and she gave me an antibiotic to be on the safe side (should I develop something up there)...she also recommended Airborne...anyone know about that?

rjpieces

Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:00 am

she also recommended Airborne...anyone know about that?

I think it tastes horrible but I felt better after taking it, even if it was just psychological. I recommend buying some.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

stlgph

Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:15 am

Just don't go see "Good Vibrations" while you are in town or else you will REALLY feel like crap.

I'll be at LGA on Sunday. Leave me a message in a bathroom stall. I'll reply. Have fun!
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:59 am

Quoting STLGph (reply 6):
Just don't go see "Good Vibrations" while you are in town or else you will REALLY feel like crap.

I'll be at LGA on Sunday. Leave me a message in a bathroom stall. I'll reply. Have fun!

We're going to see "Little Women" I think...should be fun  sarcastic  (that is the new smiley for sarcastic)

I'll be at JFK, so if your plane gets diverted to JFK look at Satll 2 in the baggage claim at T6  Wink

FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:43 am

Got 1 more problem here...
my friend is traveling with us...only she has the flu  Sad

I've tried to convince her not to fly, but that didn't work....so any tips for a major illness like that? (We're talking 10X worse than I am)

Also, I'm getting better!

jfkaua

Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:00 am

now wait this isnt the cheerleader right  Smile

FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:03 am

no, this is someone who is friends with the cheerleader...and she has a bf too, but she knows i don't like her.

I am trying to be real nice though.

USAFHummer

Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:36 am

Quoting FLAIRPORT (reply 8):
I've tried to convince her not to fly, but that didn't work....so any tips for a major illness like that? (We're talking 10X worse than I am)

Don't fly, lest she give the entire plane the flubug...common sense would dictate this...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

nycflyer

Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:37 am

Quoting Jfkaua (reply 9):
now wait this isnt the cheerleader right

ha ha Jfkaua, my thoughts exactly. FLAIRPORT, you're famous here. I don't know if you'll be able to live that other thread down!

anyway, have fun in NYC (my hometown). Lots of nice ladies here who are much cooler than the stupid cheerleader

wjcandee

Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:10 pm

Is it just me, or are we all eager to hear how FLAIRPORT...er...made out?

Hope it's better than last time... duck 

jfkaua

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:05 pm

Quoting FLAIRPORT (reply 10):

I am trying to be real nice though.

O boy... i hope this isnt round two here... just remember if your thinking about how to make it so she knows you don't like her.. you already f*cked up...

Newark777

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:18 pm

I can't wait to see how this turns out. My bet: something like, "I tried to be nice and finally got up the nerve to talk to her, but threw up all over her because she gave me the flu." Big grin

Seriously, man, I think you need to distance yourself from girls for a bit. Especially ones who know about your last girl encounter.  Wink

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos