jetblast

Successes And Failures Of The Airline Industry

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:24 am

Hey guys,
I need some help. I'm writing about some of the airlines in the industry. I need a list of-
1. amazingly successful airlines
2. pathetically terrible failure airlines
Thanks for your help!

Regards
JetBlast @ BWI   
Speedbird Concorde One

ltbewr

RE: Successes And Failures Of The Airline Industry

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:33 am

I, and many others here, would probably suggest for a 'successful' airlines, Southwest and Contential (1992 to present). As to failures, the current US Airways and the 1980's LCC, People Express. As to People Express, go to the home page articles section, and you can find an article done last year about them, as well as other articles about them with a search of the web. Other failures would also include PanAm and Eastern airlines. You can do site archive and web searches about their histories as well.

7e72004

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:36 am

Wasn't Tower Air a LARGE failure?  Big grinD
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

stlgph

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:34 am

heck, anymore, amazingly successful airlines are the ones who have not shut their doors down entirely.

AirTran, coming from ValuJet to what it is today is beyond amazing success, that qualifies as "miracle"

large failures...well, that is ripe for the picking by anyone and even those carriers still IN business are fair game Big grin
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Trolley Dolley

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:13 am

For a more international look, you could view British Airways, Easy Jet, Ryan Air, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Blue, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, LAN, Jet Airways (India) Tam, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Air France/KLM as very successful airlines to name a few.

There are so many failures in this competitive industry. Ansett (Australia's biggest corporate failure), Swiss Air, Sabena plus a host of low cost carriers.

For ailrines that have been failures or very near bankruptcy, Continental, Aer Lingus and Air New Zealand provide failure to success stories as well.