MAH4546
Topic Author

Fly First Class Begins Service

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:08 am

Fly First Class, a new Fort Lauderdale-based airline, has begun scheduled service.

Using specially configured 737s seating 54 people in an all-first class configuration, the airline hopes to become popular among the South Florida wealthy "jetset" that take frequent hops to Nassau. Nearly 500,000 South Floridians travel between to Nassau/New Providence every year, and another 300,000 Bahamians, making it one of the most traveled international city pairs in the world. Flights operate daily Wednesdays through Mondays, with a second daily service on Fridays and Sundays.
a.

airgeek12

RE: Fly First Class Begins Service

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:11 am

Darn! I thought of that idea a llooonnggg time ago when I was like 7 to have an all first class airline. They beat me to it! ..that's still very cool though.

I can't find their website though.. anyone have a link?!

geek

SNATH

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:13 am

Just curious: does anyone know how their fares compare to other airlines (both in Y and F)?
Thanks.

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

Avianca

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:16 am

another airline that will not surwife it first year.
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

mats

Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:16 pm

They don't have a prayer, I'm sorry to say.

In most instances even the wealthiest passengers consider three things when buying a ticket for their own use: the fare, the fare, and the fare.

Those passengers travelling on the company's nickel are sometimes more willing to pay for first or business class, but this isn't the case for leisure travellers.

As their web site states, the flight is only 45 minutes. What would be the point of a first class ticket?

Above all, wealthy passengers are likely to pay attention to frequent flyer benefits; an amenity that Fly First Class does not offer.

Legend Airlines had a carefully-planned and researched service, including access to Delta's SkyMiles program, but they still couldn't pull it off. I think we're looking at a few months at the most for Fly First Class.