IslipWN
Topic Author

Question About Song Seating

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:59 am

Why is it always so hard to get a seat in the front cabin? Is it because they save those seats until the day of the flight? I have to go to FLL for a few days tomorrow from LGA. I'll be on the 8:50 pm flight. I can't imagine that every seat in the front cabin is taken. I know that they are very popular because its the smaller and quieter part of the plane.

Joe

SRQCrosscheck

RE: Question About Song Seating

Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:07 am

I always suspected that Delta saves that part of the cabin for passengers who pay higher fares. I've only sat up in the front once, and it was just before Christmas, when I hadn't paid $59-69 each way. I think it's the same deal with some of the exit row/bulkhead seats (although not all of them).

So maybe it's full, or maybe you're not in the right fare class... sigh...

IslipWN
Topic Author

Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:31 am

But they dont give you the option to pay in a higher class, do they?

foxecho

Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:32 am

Joe

Email me from my profile address and I"ll see if I can hook you up

email me PNR and seat prefs

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI
..uh, we'll need that to live......

IslipWN
Topic Author

Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:45 am

You've got mail!

Joe

SongStar

Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:02 am

howdy...

there are several seats that are blocked for gate agent control at the gate....and the majority of them just happen to be in the front cabin ...for wheelchair pax, seating families with children together etc...the cabin holds 45 people....most people assign themselves seats up there online early when they buy their tickets...so it's very likely all the "available" seats are gone....if there is nothing left except those the gate agent has available, our friend foxecho won't be able to assign those to you either...other great seats are 17A,C,D,F ( exit recline ) 10A,F ( exit recline ) 9B,C,D,E ( exit recline at the 2L door ) row 9 boards last though ( Zone 6 ) the only drawback of these seats

hope you enjoy your song experience

ss

flysong.com

IslipWN
Topic Author

Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:31 am

I hope he can find something!!!!!

Joe

IslipWN
Topic Author

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:22 am

Also, another quick question....Does delta have discounts for Seniors??

wjcandee

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:25 am

On the Delta (rather than Song) web site seat map, those are shown as "premium" seats. My dad just scored one of them for paying Y fare ($249 from LGA-MCO on a flight later this month; I would get one as a Medallion if I were flying. [ Edited 2005-03-07 01:49:16]

[Edited 2005-03-07 01:50:09]

wjcandee

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:48 am

In fact, on your very flight, as of 7:44 pm, the first four rows are marked as premium, but rows 4-8 are not. They're available to the general public, but they're full, except for some center seats. Four window seats are left for premium (read Medallion or full-fare pax) in the first four rows; all the aisle seats and three window seats are gone. The back 15 rows of the a/c are wide open, though. It would probably be quieter back there in the sense of nobody being around you. Slow day: the fare currently available is like $77.

B707Stu

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:00 am

THey hold the front rows for premium but when I was doing a lot of Orlando travel last year I was able to get row 3 two or three times from just going online to delta's site and watching the seat maps. GOod luck. (Though Row 10, as someone mentioned is probably a better seat for leg room).

SRQCrosscheck

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:06 am

Quoting B707Stu (reply 10):
(Though Row 10, as someone mentioned is probably a better seat for leg room)

Only the window seats in Row 10 (A, F) have the extra leg room. B,C, D, E are regular seats with no additional leg room. 10A and F are amazing seats though... I've been in 10F once and loved it, there's no one in front of you.

SRQCrosscheck

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:12 am

Quoting SongStar (reply 5):
row 9 boards last though ( Zone 6 ) the only drawback of these seats

Oh, I forgot to mention that the only other disadvantage to row 9/10 is that there's limited overhead bin space. There's a first aid kit above row 9, I believe, and since many of the row 9/10 seats have no seat in front, there can be a crunch for overhead bin space.

Good times, otherwise...

IslipWN
Topic Author

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:31 am

Do you think that those last 15 or so rows will fill up by tomorrow? I love being on flights that don't have too many people.

I keep checking but its still the same....only 3 different middle seats. If only a window seat would open up so my brother an I could have a middle and window seat.

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS A WINDOW SEAT UP FRONT...PLEASE GIVE IT UP, I WILL DO ANYTHING!

SongStar

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:28 pm

When you get to the airport..or better yet the gate....just strike up a conversation with the gate agent....you shouldn't really have a problem getting a window and middle seat if the last 15 rows are empty...asking is the easiest way to get something done...much easier in the gate house with the agent than at the ticket counter or on the plane  Smile spread out  Smile and have fun

ss

flysong.com

ps...when you check in at the kiosk...you should be able to move your seats to the back of the plane without a problem....the only drawback will be if the agent has already taken control of the flight...in that case...just do as instructed above

LRGT

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:36 pm

YOU'RE CRAZY. Yes, those seats are better on a FULL flight.

If I were you, I would take a seat in the 2nd row from the back. The best case is you have both other seats to yourself, worst case you have the middle seat empty. WOULD YOU RATHER BE IN A FULL CABIN???
Don't bring up the NW DC9's unless you have to!

WDBRR

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:43 pm

I flew Song last month from JFK to FLL, I sat in seat 5F.
I booked my ticket at the end of October...I am not a
Delta premium Skymiles member. I just think it's taken up
by people who booked early. I remember the first few rows
on the seat map maybe being blocked. Good luck.

wjcandee

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:11 pm

WDBRR: You're right. Rows 1-4 are considered premium, as are a few around the exit rows.

IslipWN
Topic Author

Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:42 am

Well guys, I now have seat 2A. I am off to the airport. Wish me a safe flight!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos