JMV
Topic Author

Who Will Replace Stonecipher At Boeing?

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:02 am

The reason why Mr. Stonecipher was asked to resign has been beaten to death. I'm curious as to whom will become the next permanent CEO (considering they've named James Bell as interim chief executive).

Messrs. Mulally of Commercial Airplanes and Albaugh of Integrated Defense Systems are being named in the media as possibilities. But there is risk that the odd man out if either is selected will bolt from Boeing. If so, what are Boeing's other options? Would Mr. Bethune consider a return? Would that make sense?
Google begins where my brain ends! ©

BR715-A1-30

RE: Who Will Replace Stonecipher At Boeing?

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:41 am

It would be cool to have Gordon come to Boeing. He did a great deal for that company even as a CEO for CO.
Puhdiddle

Vorticity

RE: Who Will Replace Stonecipher At Boeing?

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:50 am

From what's been published and whipsered, heard 4 names, I'm sure there are others on the short list we don't know of. Aside from Mulally and Albaugh, we have...

W. James McNerney Jr, Chairman and CEO of 3M - was offered the job before, and turned it down, he is also currently on Boeing's board.

David Calhoun, head of GE's jet-engine division
Thermodynamics and english units don't mix...