LAN340
Topic Author

Educational Requirements To Become An F/a?

Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:54 am

Hey all.

Well I just received my results for the COIN3 test, which based on some questions, spits out three careers that would be good for you. One of the careers I received was a Flight Attendant, which really interests me.

All this past week at our school, we have been talking about colleges and all that nice stuff. Now my question is, besides high school, what other education is needed, if any? What kind of people are airlines looking for? Any recommendations? All help is welcome!

Thanks in Advance!
No URL in signature please

Rafabozzolla

RE: Educational Requirements To Become An F/a?

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:02 am

As far as I know, besides high school, language skills tend to be an important asset. Here in Brazil the license is issued by gov. authorities, so it is not the airline who gives you the proper qualification. Companies are responsible for specific plane types though.

FlyTheFlag

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:16 am

In the United States, at least a high school diploma and a mixture of college/customer service work experience equal to two years is fairly standard minimum qualification.

lamedianaranja

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:45 pm

In The Netherlands, correct Dutch plus 2 foreign languages, 21 years of age, an equivalent of a college degree preferably in a tourism related field and/or work experience in a customer service field. Selections for KLM are pretty strict, and many drop out during the course as Flight Safety can be very taxing when you first see it.
Surely some colleges have F/A as a subject? It's probably called something like Aviation Service Manager  Big grin ?
I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!

sevenair

Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:47 am

i did one of them in school, But i wanted to be a flight attendant, so i just answered the questions whichI thought would apply to cabin crew,and i was right!!! 81% suited to cabin crew! i thnik we call it JIGCAL here

777STL

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:19 am

Quoting Lamedianaranja (Reply 3):
Surely some colleges have F/A as a subject? It's probably called something like Aviation Service Manager   ?

Hahaha, I've never seen a F/A related degree program. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most F/A requirements in other first and second world countries are more rigorous than in the states.
PHX based

TWFirst

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:31 am

Based on some of the posts by FA's that I've read here, the educational requirements must be slim to none.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.