AirOne
Topic Author

Comair, Friend Or Foe?

Tue Apr 04, 2000 6:06 am

I was recently stuck in CVG and was looking at Delta In-Flight Magazine I had taken from the plane and was looking at the Comair box and not only do they have service to smaller cities but also seem to rival with Delta to the bigger cities such as Cincinnati-New York and Cincinnati-Boston and more. I was just wondering if any of you think this is odd that the service is provided by both airlines when other airlines express service may do this to a few cities but nothing like Comair. What is your oppinion on this?

flyCMH

RE: Comair, Friend Or Foe?

Tue Apr 04, 2000 6:14 am

I think Comair mostly supplements Delta's service on some of the routes previously mentioned. Certain routes offered at certain times of the day might be supplemented better by being served by a smaller aircraft. An example is Delta/Comair's Columbus-Cincinnati route. Delta operates 727 and MD-80 aircraft on the route, and Comair also flies CRJ's and EMB-120's on the same route. I assume that the larger aircraft are used when passenger demand is higher, and the Comair aircraft are used when the demand is not as great.

RE: Comair, Friend Or Foe?

Tue Apr 04, 2000 6:25 am

Aren't both Comair and ASA now wholly-owned subsidiaries of Delta? If so then this point is irrelevant since all the revenue will be going to the same source, Delta Air Lines Inc.