Treg
Topic Author

SAS Influence To BabySASs

Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:42 pm

Although not yet official, it leaked out in one of the yesterday's newspaper interviews: Estonian Air (49% SAS) will introduce the same (IMHO ridiculous) 3 class service concept.

Not 1st, business, economy! Business, economy flex, economy instead!

And if the pricing structure will be the same as at SAS then you will have effectively 2 full-service-full-fare (read: damn expensive) classes and one economy without any service at all...

I think it sucks, but hey, I'm just a customer (maybe even too frequent)  irked 

sevenair

RE: SAS Influence To BabySASs

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:24 pm

thats not new in scandanvia, Ive seen it before, i believe its refered to as 'thrift'. The last rows on the plane. The ones I saw, (pre 9-11) had a curtain separating this section from the main cabin

mozart

Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:15 pm

Air France has the same concept for its European route network:

- "Affaires": Business class
- "Tempo Challenge":full fare economy
- "Tempo": discounted economy

Regarding cabin service, Challenge and Affaires get the same catering, but seating is 2-2 in Affaires and 3-3 in Challenge (albeit on the same seats). Tempo is not exactly no frills, it does have a basic catering service.

On the ground, Challenge customers get access to the AF lounges at CDG.

amhilde

Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:35 pm

When i was sittin' on the ground a few Thursdays ago waiting to finally leave CDG ( to CPH) on an old 737, the Dane next to me and I were laughing over the rather patheticness of the cabin. There were the bulkhead dividers I guess for the different classes, but really, the two classes above mine (El Cheapo Tempo) didnt seem that much different. I think they only slapped on a plastic-y covering to make three seats into "two". Really, I should have thought for AF they would have had a bit more plush service for business class. And whats with those interiors? My GOD!
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

DABZF

Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:22 pm

Sad news from OV indeed...

Well atleast LH (who will upgrade the CRJ into 733 for the summer) will have "service" to/from TLL / EETN), Estonia">TLL. Well, it's LH service but nevertheless!

...and if you want to fly to Scandinavia from TLL you can also fly AY via HEL!  Smile

[Edited 2005-03-19 11:25:00]
I like driving backwards in the fog cause it doesn't remind me of anything - Chris Cornell

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos