Treg
Topic Author

SAS Influence To BabySASs

Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:42 pm

Although not yet official, it leaked out in one of the yesterday's newspaper interviews: Estonian Air (49% SAS) will introduce the same (IMHO ridiculous) 3 class service concept.

Not 1st, business, economy! Business, economy flex, economy instead!

And if the pricing structure will be the same as at SAS then you will have effectively 2 full-service-full-fare (read: damn expensive) classes and one economy without any service at all...

I think it sucks, but hey, I'm just a customer (maybe even too frequent)  irked 

sevenair

RE: SAS Influence To BabySASs

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:24 pm

thats not new in scandanvia, Ive seen it before, i believe its refered to as 'thrift'. The last rows on the plane. The ones I saw, (pre 9-11) had a curtain separating this section from the main cabin

mozart

Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:15 pm

Air France has the same concept for its European route network:

- "Affaires": Business class
- "Tempo Challenge":full fare economy
- "Tempo": discounted economy

Regarding cabin service, Challenge and Affaires get the same catering, but seating is 2-2 in Affaires and 3-3 in Challenge (albeit on the same seats). Tempo is not exactly no frills, it does have a basic catering service.

On the ground, Challenge customers get access to the AF lounges at CDG.

amhilde

Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:35 pm

When i was sittin' on the ground a few Thursdays ago waiting to finally leave CDG ( to CPH) on an old 737, the Dane next to me and I were laughing over the rather patheticness of the cabin. There were the bulkhead dividers I guess for the different classes, but really, the two classes above mine (El Cheapo Tempo) didnt seem that much different. I think they only slapped on a plastic-y covering to make three seats into "two". Really, I should have thought for AF they would have had a bit more plush service for business class. And whats with those interiors? My GOD!
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

DABZF

Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:22 pm

Sad news from OV indeed...

Well atleast LH (who will upgrade the CRJ into 733 for the summer) will have "service" to/from TLL / EETN), Estonia">TLL. Well, it's LH service but nevertheless!

...and if you want to fly to Scandinavia from TLL you can also fly AY via HEL!  Smile

[Edited 2005-03-19 11:25:00]
I like driving backwards in the fog cause it doesn't remind me of anything - Chris Cornell