Meteorologist
Topic Author

Performance Of US's New N/s Flights From DCA

Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:20 am

Just a few months ago US Airways started a bunch of new E70 service out of DCA to places like DTW, CLE, IAH, ..., etc. I was curious what sort of initial revenue/passenger load performance these new DCA flights might be having at this point if anyone knows? I see the fares to CLE are pretty solidly outrageous (except for Tues & Wed), so I'd imagine that generates some cash if they can take a nick out of the CO share of the market. However, with NW and especially Spirit on the DTW flight, I can't imagine revenues and yields on those flights are great. Can anyone shed some light on them for me, most specifically the DTW nonstops? Because if they're performing well and are going to stick around and not be cut from the route network with haste, I may use them.

A330323X

RE: Performance Of US's New N/s Flights From DCA

Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:30 am

CLE is doing well, and has already had some frequencies upgraded from CRJ-200s to EMB-170s. DFW is doing very well also, probably due in part to the DL pullout. ATL and ORD are doing fairly well. IAH has good yields, but could stand better loads, especially off-peak. DTW has decent loads, but poor yields, and will be downgraded to 2x CRJ-200 and 1x ERJ-145.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

Meteorologist
Topic Author

Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:39 am

I would imagine those ORD flights benefit from the relationship with UA. I'm really surprised the CLE flights are doing well given the proximity and the price different to go out of BWI...in the range of $100 less on a r/t basis at times on discount coach. The low yields on DTW don't surprise me at all. NW flies there +/- 9 times a day with several of those being 757-200s plus the influence of Spirit on the route. I really think US will pull out of that route...but just my guess.

SonOfACaptain

Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:19 pm

DFW is doing really well. I still haven't been able to fly it due to lack of seats.

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

jdaniel001

Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:24 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 3):
DFW is doing really well. I still haven't been able to fly it due to lack of seats.

Please noooo. I need to nonrev home in a few weeks. Maybe they will add to the freq. US sure did the right thing by starting DCA-DFW.
We Are UNITED!