flydc10

Puebla Airport

Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:36 pm

HEY

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT PUEBLA AIRPORT PUE, WHAT AIRLINES OPERATE FROM AND TO PUEBLA, DOSE IT HAVE A PASSENGER TERMINAL AND ALL OTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THIS AIRPORT.

REGARDS

FLYDC10
vivan nuestras aerolineas nacionales

EddieDude

RE: Puebla Airport

Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:03 pm

All I know is that VW (Aeromar) flies to PBC from MEX and perhaps from another city too. I don't know if other commercial airlines are flying there, and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point CO announces CO Express flights to PBC from IAH.

If I recall correctly, the airport is operated by a company which is a joint venture of the State of Puebla and a group of businessmen (I forgot the last name right now).
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

Mitchell Gant

Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:57 am

Continental Express has flown daily Houston-Puebla since May 2004.

MEA-707

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:28 am

Aeromar is the main player at Puebla with their short ATR flights to MEX (but why bother when a car/bus takes 90 minutes, the flights are like $75 and up, and the airport is also 16 kms from the centre) but also to Juarez, and Aerocalifornia has a daily flight to Guadalajara, and Continental already flies to Houston with ERJs.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

COfaninBOS

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:27 am

I was curious as to how the CO flights are working out. I just checked on continental.com and it looks like they are running fairly full. I selected 8 dates (4 from IAH and 4 from Puebla) between March 23rd and March 29th and the average load factor comes out to 77%, with a heavy of 94% on an IAH to Puebla flight on this coming friday and a low of 68% on a flight from Puebla to IAH on this coming Sunday.

navega

Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:11 pm

Mexicana is to start JFK/Puebla service this year.

Lost of Mexicans from Pueble in the New York and New Jersey area.

Hope this becomes a fact.

jopavon

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:25 pm

VW also does a daily PBC-MTY.

ghost77

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:39 pm

JR has flights to MEX IIRC, I exactly don't know where they flight to. They also recently started PBC-TIJ and PBC-GDL. AeroMar flies to MTY, PAZ and VSA. CO flies to IAH. MX will open flights and I've heard rumors of AeroMexico via AeroLitoral starting flights.

Ricardo APM
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

LatinPlane

Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:02 pm

Navega, thanks for the heads up. Those NY-Puebla flights should be a big hit and should bring some life into Puebla's sleepy airport, which from my understanding has quite an impressive and robust economy but lacks reputable air service. A have a friend who was born in NY, and who's parents are from Puebla. Severaly thing I can say about the Poblano community is that they have strong Indian blood, and are amongst the most intelligent, friendly, and hard working people I've met from Mexico.

It is interesting as to how Mexicana is usually the leader to react to the particular routes that open up with the various Mexican communities that have sprung up around different parts of the U.S. In fact, historically Mexicana takes the cake in this matter by always being the leader in the subject. My family first arrived to California in the late 1940s, and Mexicana was already flying here for almost two decades by the then.

It is impressive to see that Mexicana is now turning to new growing markets in secondary destinations, like: Sacramento, Portland, Oakland, and in the near future Fresno and Bakersfield, and keeps Mexicana up front in being the leader of the very lucrative ethnic (so to speak) U.S. - Mexico routes, and, therefore, gives the airline a profitable niche with a solid route structure that holds a promising customers base. I ponder if, for example, one day we'll be seeing Mexicana's planes in such odd places like: Des Moine, Iowa; Boise, Ohio; or Helena, Montana.

My theory is that if Mexico would have given its approval to favor the invasion of Iraq (although extremely unlikely) and the U.S. would have reciprocated the favor with an immigration policy, like the one Mexico wants, air travel to Mexico would have been the most benefited and the airlines, particulary the Mexican ones, would have had the largest to gain. But of course, that's just my belief, and realistically speaking, it's very hard in the real world to convince both sides of the pros, because the cons we already know.

Smile LatinPlane
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.