FLY777UAL
Topic Author

LAX Imperial Terminal

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:10 am

Who currently uses the Imperial Hwy Terminal at LAX? Is it owned by LAWA as well, or is it considered a "private" terminal?

Did MGM Air use it as well back when they were operating? It seems as if it would be the perfect terminal for an air shuttle operation, much like the Marine Air Terminal at LGA...

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

AeroWesty

RE: LAX Imperial Terminal

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:12 am

Quoting FLY777UAL (Thread starter):
Did MGM Air use it as well back when they were operating?

Yes, as did World Airways when they ran scheduled flights.
International Homo of Mystery

aaway

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:38 am

MGM did indeed utilize West Imperial for its operation. World used West Imperial briefly for its scheduled services before moving to the Bradley Terminal. However, WO had been using the terminal for its charters for many years prior to scheduled services.
The ramp is used for cargo ops, ad-hoc charters, professional sports charters, and staging of RONs. The building is no longer used for passenger ops. It now houses the Flightpath Museum, which showcases the history of aerospace/aviation in Southern California. Lots of civil aviation displays and artifacts related to the history of LAX are located here as well.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

malaysia

Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:35 pm

I used that terminal! I remember walking up the plane, oh yes I remember my World Airways flight was delayed due to Aircraft Washing, that was interesting delay. LAX-BWI
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

lincoln

Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:06 pm

Quoting Aaway (Reply 2):
It now houses the Flightpath Museum, which showcases the history of aerospace/aviation in Southern California. Lots of civil aviation displays and artifacts related to the history of LAX are located here as well.

Oh, cool. I had no idea... I'm assuming it is open to the public -- Anyone know of a website/operating hours/address (so I can MapQuest it) for this musuem?

Thanks,

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

AeroWesty

Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:18 pm

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 4):
Anyone know of a website/operating hours/address (so I can MapQuest it) for this musuem?

If you go to google.com and enter "LAX Imperial Terminal" (without quotes) as your search phrase, it will bring up all sorts of interesting info about the terminal and museum, including the location, hours, etc.

Cheers.
International Homo of Mystery

MakeMinesLAX

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:46 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 5):
If you go to google.com...

I'll save you the effort - it's open 10-3 Tue/Wed/Thu, plus the first Saturday of each month. I'm looking forward to visiting soon, and possibly donating some LAX memorabilia.

aaway

Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Try this link http://flightpath.us/
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard