ZRH
Topic Author

Terminal Change At ZRH After LH/LX?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:38 am

Now, after Swiss is bought by LH and will become Star Alliance member, I expect that at ZRH soon will be again a major terminal change. Perhaps the Oneworld carriers go back to T2 and T1 will be an only Star Alliance terminal. BTW don't discuss the gates (A, B or E). There is no connection between the handling terminal (check-in in T 1 or 2) and where the aircrafts are boarded. At the moment LX check-in counters are in T1 and they use A-Gates for European and E-Gates for intercontinental flights. LH and all other Star Alliance members use T2 and B-Gates (only by bus) for smaller aircrafts, the E-Gates for widebodies.

ChrisZRH

RE: Terminal Change At ZRH After LH/LX?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:03 am

the future will tell us  Smile would be really cool, a Star Terminal.. with lounges, and everything just for the Alliance Members
Christian Galliker - AirTeamImages

Thomas_Jaeger

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:04 am

This is a question I have also asked myself recently. Star Alliance currently mainly uses the B gates because of the location of their lounge, so they most probably will have to move everyone around once again and it will become even funnier should Switzerland join the Schengen area  Smile.
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

ZRH
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:19 am

Quoting Thomas_Jaeger (Reply 2):
even funnier should Switzerland join the Schengen area

Oh yes. I think it is very likely that the Swiss voters will accept the Schengen Contract in June.