Avianca
Topic Author

Venezuela And Cargoflights To Europe...

Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:22 am

Dear all,

why is Caracas not linked to Europe with a direct freighter service?

Ok there is not that big demand as Colombia have and they have more paxflights to europe, where cargo can be coloaded, but to Venezuela is a healthy demand in special in oversized cargo, pharmaceuticals, and other goods like dangerous goods (chemicals....etc.)

At least there is the demand for 2 cargoflights per week combined with Colombia due the northbound freight.

Interesting to hear your opinions.

regards
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

DABZF

RE: Venezuela And Cargoflights To Europe...

Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:48 am

You said it... I quess there is no real demand.
Lot of cargo flies via MIA to Europe from Colombia and other South American countries. LAN Chile Cargo is one of the operators flying to Europe (FRA) via MIA.
MIA is a big cargo hub to/from South America.
I like driving backwards in the fog cause it doesn't remind me of anything - Chris Cornell

Avianca
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:04 am

yes LAN operated 3 weekly B767-300 freighter from FRA to MIA (day 2,4,6)and backwards to fill up flights from MIA (freighter to EZE, SCL...etc.) including PAX flights and doughter airlines like Florida West.

For example BOG is servece (I am not 100% sure about the frequece) 3 times a week from AMS (MP) + 1 weekly fixed flight from LUX (CV) up to 2 weekly ad-ons from the CV brazil flights.

BOG receives at least 4 weekly cargoflights from Europe, and Venezuela not even one.

And CCS Pax flights are mostly very good booked with cargo.

A388

Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:21 am

MP does fly to Colombia using their MD11CFs and MP also has their cargo hub in MIA as well. MP also owns part of Tampa Airlines of Colombia and they now also operate converted 762 freighters. I've seen them in AMS a few times on delivery flights to Colombia. Below you will find my photos taken at AMS:

http://myaviation.net/?pid=00282146

http://myaviation.net/?pid=00282143

A388  Smile

LAXintl

Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:28 am

Air exports from Venezuela are a fraction of what Colombia produces.

Even to the US, flights from Venezuela pale compare to the number of cargo flights from Colombia.

Off course the political situation in Venezuela does not help much either.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

lamedianaranja

Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:00 am

The above mentioned MP cargo flights (MD11F) to BOG made a stop-over in CCS for a while. MP's only Venezuelan captain did the inaugural flight.
And as above mentioned, demand didn't work out so the stop was cancelled.
MP deemed CCS even more dangerous than BOG for their crew, so CCS was only a short stop!
I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!

Avianca
Topic Author

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:43 am

Quoting Lamedianaranja (Reply 5):
MP deemed CCS even more dangerous than BOG for their crew, so CCS was only a short stop!

why this?

MP is offering in the moment CCS via MIA and interlining to QT in MIA.

As mentioned before Venezuela is Importing lot of chemicals (often only lodable on CargoAircraft) and relativly often big oversized shpts from europe for the oil-industrie, for the minings in OrinocoDelta etc... at least 1 flight per week would be succesfull in combination with BOG for MP.

regards