FLY777UAL
Topic Author

Price Premium For All-Business Class Flights?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:40 pm

Has it been shown by the current LH/LX (and to some extent AF) all-Business Class flights that passengers are willing to pay a price premium to experience an environment such as this?

Do you feel as if a passenger would actually pay the premium?

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

AF-A319

RE: Price Premium For All-Business Class Flights?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:15 pm

Hey FLY777UAL,

Nice topic!

I don't have a clear answer to your question. However, I know that some seats on the Privatair-operated LH flights are/were sold as full fare Y tickets, which may imply that they're sold at a discount.

Another important point to note is that non-stop flights almost always command a premium over connection services. As a result, a non-stop DUS EWR flight in C/J will usually be sold at a higher price than connecting services (where's many airlines compete, such as AF via CDG, BA via LHR or LX via ZRH).

I would be very interested to hear a precise answer from the LH's yield management department.

AF-A319

vegas005

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:36 pm

Privatair ZRH to EWR could also be called Novartis Air as the : pharmaceutical giant books a huge number of seats on the flights as employees fly to site in Newark.

Leskova

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:44 pm

Quoting AF-A319 (Reply 1):
However, I know that some seats on the Privatair-operated LH flights are/were sold as full fare Y tickets, which may imply that they're sold at a discount.

True, but that's usually only available for passengers upgrading to C-Class using miles - so while it certainly is a discount, it's a discount only available to frequent flyers.

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos