DLKAPA
Topic Author

Walnut Ridge, Arkansas (ARG) Aircraft Movements

Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:46 am

With all the "BOM" and "SEN" threads going on, I figured I would bring the conversation stateside. In Walnut Ridge, a few years ago, a new salvage operator called United Assets Management started operations on the northwest side of the field. They are basically your normal salvage operator, having done work on a few of CO's old MD-80s and ATRs, plus several of Southwest's 732's. The last time I was out there, I saw this:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Eric D Smith- Rocky Mountain AvPhotos
View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Last I heard, they were going to be expanding and strengthening the 5,000 foot runway to accomodate larger aircraft (I'm thinking 757-767 range), just so UAM can get more business.

Any airline insiders know of anything else that has found it's way out to ARG and what I can expect the next time I head out there this summer?
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

atcrick

RE: Walnut Ridge, Arkansas (ARG) Aircraft Movements

Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:51 am

DLKAPA,

Allegiant Air bought a MD80 from AeroMexico just as a parts plane. It flew to ARG to be parted out about 6 months ago.
natch!!

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:03 am

Cool. I assume it's already been parted out then?

I think that's mostly what UAM does, though they did gut the interior of a WN 732, N81SW, and donated it to the city.

Apparantly last I heard the mayor of Walnut Ridge, in between tokes, decided that ARG could be a global megahub and is thusly trying to attract service from several airlines. A regional to MEM or STL or even DFW maybe, actually I don't see how it's not an EAS station (MEM is over 100 miles away, so is STL, so is LIT), but International?
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

m404

Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:22 pm

Whats the address for ARG? Can't find the airport on MS Streets & Trips
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

A340Spotter

Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:04 pm

M404,

11 Sky Watch
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476

Website is www.walnutridge-aaf.com/