PMN
Topic Author

Any Ideas What These Markings Are For?

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:28 am

Here's a photo I took today of EI-COB. In between the window on the far right and the door is what looks like the outline of a window, drawn onto the white exterior of the aircraft. I've noticed these window outlines before (on a JAL 747 I think) and I'm a little puzzled as to what they are for. Can any of you more knowledgeable people shed a little light?

Paul.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/MMSR5/Picture049.jpg
Edith in his bed, a plane in the rain is humming, the wires in the walls are humming some song - some mysterious song

PA110

RE: Any Ideas What These Markings Are For?

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:29 am

Those are not drawn. Those are blanked out windows. Space is usually taken up by galley or lav and no sense having a glass window looking into the backside of galley or lav wiring or panelling.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

Newark777

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:29 am

Looks like a window that they blocked out. You see these sometimes if they install a closet or something like that.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

PMN
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:31 am

Ah I see. Thanks. Logical I guess!
Edith in his bed, a plane in the rain is humming, the wires in the walls are humming some song - some mysterious song