SK973
Topic Author

KL Flights Not Shown On Amadeus Anymore?

Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:56 pm

I was trying to look up the times for some flights in and out of AMS using Amadeus.net as I usually do. But for some reason it won't show KL flights anymore...

Anyone know why?

JGPH1A

RE: KL Flights Not Shown On Amadeus Anymore?

Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:27 am

Hmmm - exactly what flights etc were you asking for, and what part of amadeus.net were you using. KLM are still very much present in Amadeus, don't worry ! It might just have been a problem with the website.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

SK973
Topic Author

Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:48 am

I was trying to check flights between ARN and AMS and then AMS and SIN.

In the first case I only got the SK flights and in the second case I only got LH, AF and OS flights...

And when trying to specify the airlines I want to see as KL I get the following error message "You are not allowed to define this airline in your preferences. Please modify your selection."  confused 

JGPH1A

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:00 am

I think I know why - looking at the list of airlines you are allowed to select, these are all the carriers that provide their schedules direct to Amadeus, rather than through third-party distributors. There must be a commercial restriction on showing flights for airlines whose schedule providers would charge for the service, whereas amadeus.net is free. So that's why. Don't worry, KL will be providing the schedules direct to Amadeus fairly soon.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

LordHowe

Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:02 am

In my experience amadeus.net shows only available flights - if the flight is fully booked, it's not shown in the listing.

Regards,
LordHowe
Lord Howe Island - The Last Paradise

andahuailas

Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:15 am

This issue was discussed a few weeks ago. Amadeus.net ( the online free service, not the travel agency reservation system) is not showing a great number of airlines, amongst them AA, TA, LY, etc,etc.

karan69

Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:33 am

I had the same problem when i typed DEL-AMS and BOM-AMS i got all other major EU carriers except KLM

LordHowe

Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:15 pm

Quoting LordHowe (Reply 4):
shows only available flights - if the flight is fully booked, it's not shown in the listing

I was wrong! KLM is not shown there. I just had to check AMS-HKG-AMS flights for next july and I know that there are available seats, but no: Amadeus does not currently show KL flights.

Regards,
LordHowe
Lord Howe Island - The Last Paradise

JGPH1A

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:53 am

Quoting LordHowe (Reply 7):
: Amadeus does not currently show KL flights.

Wrong ! Amadeus.net does not currently show KL flights. This is because (as stated before) KL schedules are provided by a 3rd party provider who does not want Amadeus displaying them on amadeus.net for free, when the 3rd party provider charges from the same information.

Amadeus Central System and connected booking sites (Opodo, LastMinute.com, 1Travel etc are all able to display and sell KL flights. Just spotty anorak freeloaders are denied the privilege.