ATLhomeCMH
Topic Author

Any Trouble Booking With Yahoo Travel?

Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:54 am

I just booked a flight CMH-ORD rt on UA during mid-May for my cousin's wedding from Yahoo Travel (which operates via Travelocity). When prompted, I gave my UA Mileage Plus number as part of the reservation.

Has anyone ever had any problems getting UA to credit them the mileage because they booked their itinerary through Yahoo Travel instead of united.com?

To be honest, I might just get a voucher for this itinerary and rebook through united.com to get the 1,000 bonus miles. The fare is cheap (roughly $110 rt). It was early this morning when I booked it, I was half asleep, and I wasn't thinking clearly  crazy 
"The most terrifying words in the Engligh language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

UAalltheway

RE: Any Trouble Booking With Yahoo Travel?

Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:04 am

If all you're worried about is getting your miles on your FF account call UA Mileage Plus at 1-800-421-4655 and talk to an customer service agent and get every thing confirmed. I do it all the time.  Smile  Wink

Tango-Bravo

Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:28 am

Airline bookings and fares have become so hopelessly and senselessly convoluted that "who knows?" Given the exceptionally low fare you booked, there may be some fine print somewhere stating "no mileage accrual permitted." The fare also may be a use-it-or-lose-it fare that cannot be changed (once again buried in the small print somewhere) hence no voucher to be used toward future travel.

Your best way to find the answers to your questions will indeed be to call United; it will most likely a time-wasting exercise in futility to try to get a correct answer from Travelocity (who will most likely call UA anyway, while you hold for who knows how long, to pass on information second-hand, which may or may not be reliable).

ATLhomeCMH
Topic Author

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:31 pm

I actually called Yahoo Travel and I was able to get a one-time only "courtesy" refund. They said they'd be sending me an email to confirm the refund, but so far...no email. If there's no email by tomorrow morning, I'll be calling them back again.

And I went ahead and rebooked through united.com.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, Yahoo Travel's call center is in India...not uncommon nowadays.
"The most terrifying words in the Engligh language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

UAalltheway

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:59 pm

Quoting ATLhomeCMH (Reply 3):
And I went ahead and rebooked through united.com.

That's the best way.  Smile I'd never use Yahoo! Always stick with Orbitz or Travelocity.  Smile

Best reguards,

GentFromAlaska

Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:01 pm

I use to be a Travelocity fan. Lately I've switched to http://www.sidestep.com
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

deltairlines

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:49 pm

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/ works real well. Find the fare, go to the airline's web site, and book it. Never failed me.

Jeff

UN_B732

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:37 pm

Expedia is terrible. Don't book through them. Basically, UPS lost my elderly grandfather's tickets and all they would do is give him a new ticket at the ticket counter at JFK, anyone who knows Aeroflot at JFK would know that their not going to give you any tickets, or a smile for that matter. I think pigs will fly on Aeroflot A340s by the time those people get some CS skills.
-Mr. X
What now?