The FAA has issued a 5 year exception for the A380 to operate off of 75ft taxiways rather than the recommended 100ft taxiways. The conditions of this are:
1. Proposed A380 taxi routes must be designatied by airport authorities
2. A380 taxi speed is 15mph or less
3. Taxiing Camera System (TCS) must be used
4. Adequate taxiway centerline lighting must exist
5. Overall taxiway width (including shoulders) must be 180 feet
6. Jet blast must be minimized
7. Repeated excursions from taxiways will result in revocation of this rule.
-How wide is the gear footprint of the A380?
-What is the turning radius of the A380 for a 90 degree turn, will the 75ft taxiway be adequate?