Mason
Topic Author

What To Do At EWR Between 17:00 And 22:00

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:00 am

Never been to EWR before. I'm flying in on CO, and have about 5 hours to kill between connections to LIM. What can I expect to see during these hours? Where is/are good places to eat/observe runway traffic? Thanks.

CALMSP

RE: What To Do At EWR Between 17:00 And 22:00

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:20 am

you can make a quick run to Penn Station and grab some dinner!!

COEWR

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:34 am

My favorite place to sit and watch the planes is the windows near gates 98-99. Right at the end of that particular concourse you get a pretty good view of the runway ops (and since you will be there during rush hour you will most likely get a good view of the line!). Also, if its a clear day/night you will be able to see New York City from there! There is a ton of places to eat. I tend to hit the McDonald's in that large center court area of Concourse 1, but there are a lot of better places to eat than that including the Garden State Diner (Im pretty sure that's what its called).

Have a good trip through EWR  Smile

geoffm

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:42 am

EWR certainly isn't the most exciting airport to hang around in! That I learnt last month. I also was connecting to LIM. Five hours between flights is a little tight but CALMSP's suggestion might work. Factor in 45 mins each way from Terminal C, depending on train times. Quicker on Amtrak but something like twice the price. I'd suggest getting back to EWR at least an hour before your flight.

Geoff M.

planemannyc

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:42 am

Mason,

Welcome to EWR.

Best places to eat are in Terminal B, in my opinion. However, Terminal C does have a few eateries, but it it mostly in airside.

You can walk up down Terminal C and see a lot of CO planes.

Best viewing may be on the mono-rail (views of runways 4L/R as planes come in / take-off and palnes at gate on all 3 terminals plus remote parking of aircraft).

Car Park P4 (also may be accessed using the monorail) has good views from the roof, particularly runway 29.

If you have time, you can take a cab to Ikea and enjoy their lunch and sit by the restaurant overlooking runway 4. Of course, you can shop as well at Jersey Gardens mall (shuttle bus runs every 30 mins from Parking P4). Outlet mall, so prices are cheaper than regular department stores.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy your stay,

Wasim / Planemannyc

CALMSP

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:47 am

you could take the shuttle bus to the garden city mall? if thats what its called. i have done that hwen i've been to EWR for training, and you always see CAL/COEX people in the mall killin' time.

STT757

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:41 am

Quoting Planemannyc (Reply 4):
Best places to eat are in Terminal B, in my opinion. However, Terminal C does have a few eateries, but it it mostly in airside

No offense but Terminal B has McDonalds, Chinese food and not much else. Terminal C has tons of food offerings, they are constantly winning awards.

http://panynj.com/AboutthePortAuthor...ases/PressRelease/index.php?id=658

Going to Manhattan even with 5 hours is not a good idea, there's a huge indoor outlet mall across the Turnpike from EWR. Great deals on clothes!..
They have a shuttle bus from Airtrain station P-4 to the Mall, it's indoors with tons of stores.

"Jersey Gardens also operates a shuttle from Newark International Airport at Airtrain Station P4. The shuttle leaves the airport every half half starting at 10:00 am. The shuttle returns to the airport from Jersey Gardens every half hour beginning at 10:15 am. Effective January 3, 2005, there is a $1.00 fee per person for the return trip to the airport from Jersey Gardens".

http://www.jerseygardens.com/

Here's what the Mall looks like inside.

http://www.angevares.com/images/USA/NJ/JERSEY%20GARDENS.JPG

[Edited 2005-04-07 22:42:52]
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757