ORD777

Does SQ Allow NonRev Travel?

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:43 am

Does SQ allow nonrev travel??? Namely, ID-90 or ZED tickets. I work for a star alliance airline and would love to fly SQ, but from the info I have a work, we dont have an agreement with them. Any nonrev info for SQ is appreciated.

Also, what the difference between a ZED and an ID ticket?

Thanks

AF Cabin Crew

RE: Does SQ Allow NonRev Travel?

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:07 pm

Ia Orana !!!

I know that we at Air France have ID75 tickets on SQ. I recently flew on one of their flights between SIN and DPS.
You should have access to either ID or ZED tickets.
ZED tickets are very usefull they are bought per zone on lets say LH for a FRA-SIN. If you can't get on that flight you can take either LH on FRA-BKK and make your way to SIN or try another carrier out of FRA or KL on AMS-SIN or AF on CDG-SIN etc...
ID tickets are based on either the lowest or highest fare and you can 90/75 or 50 % discount. These tickets can be transfered to another carrier but at the discretion of such said carrier.

Hope it helps !

AF Cabin Crew
Ia Maitai to tatou tere !

pipo777

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:25 pm

I flew with them in late november with a ZED ticket...MEL-SIN...No problems at all...

ORD777

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:34 pm

How can you purchase a ZED ticket?

krisair747

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:34 am

My wife and I flew from EWR-AMS on an ID-90 and had no problems at all. They even upgraded us to Raffles Class, which is something I heard SQ never does. But everyone treated us great, as they should, even though we were standby's. Thanks SQ!!!
Open your heart and push the limits

FLYACYYZ

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:03 am

You may want to double check with your Staff Travel Department. All Star Alliance carriers have reciprocral ZED fare agreements, which on a space available basis / zonal fare basis work out to an ID95. You also have priority after the operating airlines staff for boarding purposes.

The only thing that varies from airline to airline is eligibility with respect to designated travel companions, and same sex partners.

Within SQ itself, there may be a restriction on their EWR/SIN & LAX/SIN nonstop flight as these A345's operate with a premium cabin configuration. It should be outlined in your airlines agreement.
Above and Beyond