samL

Virgin Atlantic LGW - LHR Transfer

Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:00 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about something. From time to time I see a coach is full VS livery with some slogan like "fly a younger fleet" or something on it driving on the M25 either saying Heathrow or Gatwick on the front.

Is this (as it appears) a VS operated coach transfer. If so - why?? I can't believe they have that much tranfer traffic and don't national express operate a very regular transfer - so why not get people to use that??

cheers for any help,

Sam

Speedbird2155

RE: Virgin Atlantic LGW - LHR Transfer

Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:05 am

What you might be seeing is the VS staff coach. They currently operate a service which moves their crew between the 2 airports. Some crew park at LGW as it is closer to their homes and use the shuttle when they operate flights from LHR. This was explained to me by one crew member recently.

Sammyhostie

RE: Virgin Atlantic LGW - LHR Transfer

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:07 pm

Yeah thats right, you only get issued one car park pass by BAA, so you have to choose either LGW or LHR and then bus it between bases, depending on your roster.

One of the crew buses was in an accident by North terminal yesterday actually, hope everyones ok.